Pak ballistic missiles cannot be jammed

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Awang se said:
Mentioning about the kinetic kill, i heard about the magnetic propulsion. how is it turn out?
I think when technologies appear less in the public media, then the more likely that they are being worked on.

The US hid stealth UCAVs for 13 years (eg Boeings little "Klingon"), they showed them when they thought the technology was not of great influence on their own future projects.

An enormous amount of work was done in this area, and then public information "turned off".

The problem with the internet is that some people are of the belief that you can find anyting on everything. Its a "damocles sword" though.

But I'd argue that its alive and well.

Su_37

no . actually , misguding the gudiance system works from outside , it create an misguidence on the navigation system on board the missile to think about the target and coordinates of position.

Second thing is the Ionnisation , russian taken the lead in this technology , this is simple , the atmosphere was charged wiht -tive ion and that -tive ion will attract towards + ions i.e. planes, missiles etc

Third is to from controlled radiation bust to distroy electronic components.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
If that is the case, i could think of several countermeasure that can be mounted onboard my missile to avoid being lured by your countermeasures.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Su_37 said:
no . actually , misguding the gudiance system works from outside , it create an misguidence on the navigation system on board the missile to think about the target and coordinates of position.

Second thing is the Ionnisation , russian taken the lead in this technology , this is simple , the atmosphere was charged wiht -tive ion and that -tive ion will attract towards + ions i.e. planes, missiles etc

Third is to from controlled radiation bust to distroy electronic components.
You're intriguing me about how you think all of your proposals work and are capable of intercepting a ballistic missile.

1) a ballistic missile is travelling at greater than Mach 25, Explain to me how any ADS is going to pick it up, track it and kill it. I know of 2 methods and both of those are way out of the technological capability of the russians (who are the only nation able to come up with similar technologies IF they had the money, political will and political intent, as well as military will and intent)

2) Doesn't work except like Star Wars movies. But it is just as plausible as light sabres and death stars. I could point out a number of reasons as to why but I'm doubting the seriousness of your response anyway.

3) Radiation won't kill electronics. It will kill organic material. Alas there are no pilots on an ICBM. If they did they would have to build an enormous payload to cope with both the weapons basket and the pilot. A rocket that big is ready for a space shoot to go to the moon. Seeing that you don't want to kill the pilot, and all the controls are computer controlled. the only reason for the rocket pilot is to run interference, act as a fallback solution in the even of a complete systems redundancy failure, or to give you a running commentary on the scenary.

On the other hand EMP will fry your electronics and then we get back to a variation of (A1). Tell me how you are going to intercept a Mach 25 platform that may well have a MIRV capability and you have no idea when it will deploy or split and deploy? The US is the ONLY country with a technology that is designed to do this, and that technology is so adolescent that it is not remotely unit deployable.

There are only two other countries with functional ADS systems, the Russians and the Israelis. The Israeli system is known to be effective and working. Both the Russian and Israeli systems don't even remotely use anything like what you speak of.

The US, Australia and Japan are working on an ABM solution because parts of the solution are already built - but there is probably 10-12 years to go before a working solution can be rolled out.

Negatively charging the atmosphere may have wonderful side effects on everyones exposed water supplies, but it will do diddly to a weapons system. It would also give off such a strong energy signature that it would be dead before it could do anything else (and militarily I cannot see pos or neg ionisation doing anything except make the drinking water better or making it rain on the enemy) Hardly something that constitiutes a lethal level 4 threat.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Pak ballistic missiles cannot be jammed - SU 27

qualifier for SU-27

radiation can kill electronics, but i was talking in context to the issue of its use as a ballistic missile killer.

sufficient radiation to do this would require a nuke tipped interceptor and that hasn't been a viable system for a while (the last active nuke tipped interceptor was around 1975)

the other issue is collateral damage. the Defense Threat Reduction Agency did a report that provided estimates of anticipated damage from high-altitude nuclear detonations by other countries over the continental US or its strategic points of influence.

eg 1, If North Korea, detonated a 50-kiloton device at 120 kilometers above its own territory, the estimated lifetime of a NOAA weather satellite in an 850-kilometre altitude orbit and 99-degree inclination would be reduced from 48 months to 0.8 months.

eg 2, an Orbcomm communications satellite at a 775-kilometer altitude and a 45-degree inclination would see its lifetime degraded from 84 months to 0.5 months.

At the 55 day mark - after such a detonation, the number of commercial satellites surviving in low-Earth orbit (LEO) would decline from about 450 (as of 2002) to zero. An Indian detonation of a similar device 250 kilometers above the Bay of Bengal would have similar results.

Nuke tipped interceptors fired below a LEO platform, or pre atmospheric would cause fall out on eartch and incur reatliation from countries affected.
On a ballisitic missile that is re-entering, a radiation strike would have no effect of degrading its approach.
Its not practical therefore to even consider a radiated solution. The country with a proven and consistent track record of tactical missile intercepts is Israel, and they use shrapnel warheads for a kill.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
I Think that is pretty much a general idea. But still, The percent of success is still quite low. There is an idea of using superheated air plasma to kill ballistic missile. They use laser to heat the air along the missile path. still, I don't really have much faith in this system.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Awang se said:
I Think that is pretty much a general idea. But still, The percent of success is still quite low. There is an idea of using superheated air plasma to kill ballistic missile. They use laser to heat the air along the missile path. still, I don't really have much faith in this system.
its still embryonic, but if you look at the current laser weapons systems under trial, they all appear to use a superheat kill process.

the plasma guns under development will be interesting, at this stage they would have to mount them on a nuke powered aircraft carrier to get sufficiet power and reload times... ;)

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Charge the atmosphere into ions???? Uhhhh dude you want to see some lightning then wait for the monsoon season. It's less expensive. :roll :roll

Planes and Missiles have channels which will just conduct the lightning through them without offering any resistance.

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
gf0012 said:
Awang se said:
its still embryonic, but if you look at the current laser weapons systems under trial, they all appear to use a superheat kill process.

the plasma guns under development will be interesting, at this stage they would have to mount them on a nuke powered aircraft carrier to get sufficiet power and reload times... ;)
What kind of materials they use as the plasma? Can they be use inside atmosphere?