New Pakistan / India topics on FREEZE - Must Read for ALL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
WebMaster said:
Looks like we need another freeze.? :roll

:cry

Theres more to defence than just india and pakistan guys!
I agree, some of the ugly side of nationalism is creeping back in.

I've got no desire to get back into a parental supervision role.

I think it's important that some of the new posters (and even some returning ones) actually read the forum rules.

srirangan

Banned Member
I still believe a freeze is never the solution. Their will always be region threads so a sorting of forums like on [thats nice] is best suited. Like it or not, more people are and will always be attracted to geo-politics than technical defence issues.

EnigmaNZ

Personally I want to see debate, information from the rest of the world as well, this may be a global forum, but you'd swear it was a Pak/Ind one after reading the posts. Where is south america, europe, japan, russia, china, taiwan etc How many come here, think it is a pak/ind site and leave, I almost did myself.
The other thing is the "best of' you know the result before you read it, if it is pakistani, you know that as most posters seem to be pakistani, that it will be top of the heap. If these forums were mostly american I would expect everything made in the US to top the vote.
I know the posters are proud of their countries acomplishments, and ifs thats the reason for the posts, fine, but ifs it only a tit for tat between the pak/ind posters, vis a vis my country etc is better than yours, then I am not interested personally.

chaoticsensatio

guys. Its not just about India and Pakistan defence matter, its rather about the current trends in the active strategic warfare and future strategic opportunities in that region that are affecting the world greatly. India and Pakistan are the key players in that region. for example US war on terror is coordinated by Pakistan and the position of Pakistan is indespensible in that case. that from the active warfare point of view, the future prospects are to carter china and Iran. In that perspective to gain the support of Pakistan is very important for the US. but even if US gains the support and trust of Pakistan by lifting all the sanctions Pakistan is no way in postion to face china openly, here comes the India. India need to be equipped with the alteast comparative tech to china as to counter its military power. which is not possible if India and Pakistan keep on fighting.

Therefore guys we are talking about one worlds biggest economy , biggest standing military power. and I am pretty sure the you guys also use things of everday use that are made in china. so its not a matter of just India Pakistan defence. its a global issue that is gona affect each and every country's foriegn policy and economic ties. In my oppinion to put a freeze is un just or simply like closing your eyes on the most important senario in the world.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Locked down... until further notice (we'll unlock india pak topics once we feel it is the right time...) please don't OPEN any new topics on India and Pakistan.

KGB

An editorial in Tima magazine suggested that India and Pakistan will not engage in any major conflicts in the future. There may be relatively small scale actions, but the editorial argue, but nuclear weapons have kept the peace between the 2 countries.

aaaditya

i noticed that some india threads have been closed and no reasons have been given,there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with them ,as a member of this forum i think i have the right to know why this has been done,wether there is any technical problem and when the threads will be reopened?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Indo-Pak threads are locked every now and then just to control some of the useless replies that they get. Also, it keeps the threads on the cool side.

The reason why a reason wasn't given is that we are pretty much used to this now... but threads will be opened soon. If you have something to add (like an article or a report) just send my self or one of the moderators a PM and let them know so thread can be opened (when it is locked).

dronzer

Banned Member
hey web can i start a friendly thread on kashmir issue please ,If it is un controlabe then you can cancle the thread.This thread will actualy will assess the opinion of indo -pak people not a war.:unknown

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
No! I don't think so. Kashmir is a sensitive topic and it only brings extreme blind nationalist views which are often cause of problems.

dronzer

Banned Member
WebMaster said:
No! I don't think so. Kashmir is a sensitive topic and it only brings extreme blind nationalist views which are often cause of problems.
then where can we talk this topic.I can under stand the problems associated with it.May be in the near future can we talk about it

Status
Not open for further replies.