need for metal-piercing bullets stockpiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe AI will target humans after learning it can be turned off. For this reason, police and army units should have stockpiles of metal piercing bullets. Police stockpiles should be enough to respond within a few hours of an industrial park being hacked. Some of these small arms should be automatic and in the cars of police officers. These bullets will take down existing robots and the first generations of robots AI can manufacture. Training will need to be improved; right now nuclear installation guards are trained to go for heart shots repeatedly.
The USA has developed a small arms electricity muzzle that will also likely work at least for the first generations. In the future, better superconductors will lead to rail guns and laser small arms will be developed. It would be nice for the NRA to develop robots on segways for target practise, but without GMO mushroom protein and more water towers it is a short term form of civil defense. It is a chicken and egg problem how to get neuro-imaging (to have strong on national security employees), once invented, enacted as a gvmt hiring criteria. I've got about 10 non-airforce military employees equalling a robot. 3 airforce. And a VTOL fighter worth 10 non-VTOL fighter jets. A modern production line outside Russia may take 5 minutes to output a robot if robot-manned, and a hand tool machine shop maybe 12 hours. City with AI research may be the first hack targets; there will be a need to protect city workers trying to shut down communications links to industrial parks and universities. Exo-Suits will come much later. For each city or town with metal shops, there is a different response time before the problem multiplies. And for example, Ottawa has cutting edge military robots that might make evacuating the present system of federal gvmt in one place, hard.

Rob c

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
I believe AI will target humans after learning it can be turned off. For this reason, police and army units should have stockpiles of metal piercing bullets. Police stockpiles should be enough to respond within a few hours of an industrial park being hacked. Some of these small arms should be automatic and in the cars of police officers. These bullets will take down existing robots and the first generations of robots AI can manufacture. Training will need to be improved; right now nuclear installation guards are trained to go for heart shots repeatedly.
Most normal rounds will penetrate most non armor plate metal quite easily, For instance a hollow point soft nose .22 will penitrate a car door easily. (my son just did it last weekend at about 30 metres ) from memory a 7.62 will go through 4-5mm of mild steel at 100 metres.

John Fedup

The Bunker Group
Most normal rounds will penetrate most non armor plate metal quite easily, For instance a hollow point soft nose .22 will penitrate a car door easily. (my son just did it last weekend at about 30 metres ) from memory a 7.62 will go through 4-5mm of mild steel at 100 metres.
Hopefully it wasn't a good working vehicle.:oops:

FoxtrotRomeo999

:)John Fedup, Is there something you Canadians are trying to hide from us?

"And for example, Ottawa has cutting edge military robots that might make evacuating the present system of federal gvmt in one place, hard.":rolleyes:

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would prefer a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range
Maybe we can get some genetically engineered super bears, with cybernetics, and equip the police with those.

On a serious note, I'm closing this pending moderator discussion.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be leaving this thread locked. The level of conversation is below DT expectations, and the subject matter sounds like a science fiction novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.