Musician career

Hey guys. Am really keen to join the army as a musician full time. However having 2 stepdaughters nearly finishing high school -2 years time - and 3 kids of my own under 2 , I’m not keen living away from them. I don’t mind being away for a few weeks at a time however and once they graduate, it’ll be easier to move with my own kids.
My question is , if I couldn’t get a musician role in the reserves so that I can stay closer to brisbane , can I do another full time position for a few years and then transfer to a musician role anywhere should one come up ?
Thanks
John

t68

Hey guys. Am really keen to join the army as a musician full time. However having 2 stepdaughters nearly finishing high school -2 years time - and 3 kids of my own under 2 , I’m not keen living away from them. I don’t mind being away for a few weeks at a time however and once they graduate, it’ll be easier to move with my own kids.
My question is , if I couldn’t get a musician role in the reserves so that I can stay closer to brisbane , can I do another full time position for a few years and then transfer to a musician role anywhere should one come up ?
Thanks
John
A quick 2 min google search came up with this, give it a call and ask your relevant questions
Australian Army Band Headquarters 02 6127 6687

Musician

CWhase

Cross training isn't always an option depending on the needs of the army. I am not a career counselor so take this with a grain of salt. In my opinion, try your hardest to join the band right out of the gate. If you choose a different job, depending on its staffing, you may never get to cross train to the band.