Military Aviation News and Discussion

swerve

Super Moderator

Seems according to some media including in Morocco, France already give permission for UAE export of Mirage 2000-9 to Morocco. According to this from 69 Mirage 2000-9 in UAE inventory, 30 will goes to Morocco, while the rest goes to Egypt.

This seems stop the speculation before that France want to use that UAE Mirage 2K for grant to Ukrainian AF. There's still Mirage 2K from Qatar that's still not finding new owner, as Indonesia that supposedly taking them, decide to freeze the deal due more to Internal Political opposition.

Either way, considering UAE Mirage 2K reportedly the most advance in the Market, it is consider good deal for Morocco.
The UAE Mirage 2000-9 fleet is made up of two batches. The UAE bought 36 Mirage 2000EAD/RAD in the 1980s, & 32 Mirage 2000-9 later, delivered in the early 2000s. About 30 of the 2000EAD/RAD were brought up to 2000-9 standard, but obviously they're significantly older than the new-built -9s. 30 for Morocco could be all the surviving new-built -9.

Sandhi Yudha

Seems according to some media including in Morocco, France already give permission for UAE export of Mirage 2000-9 to Morocco. According to this from 69 Mirage 2000-9 in UAE inventory, 30 will goes to Morocco, while the rest goes to Egypt.

This seems stop the speculation before that France want to use that UAE Mirage 2K for grant to Ukrainian AF. There's still Mirage 2K from Qatar that's still not finding new owner, as Indonesia that supposedly taking them, decide to freeze the deal due more to Internal Political opposition.

Either way, considering UAE Mirage 2K reportedly the most advance in the Market, it is consider good deal for Morocco.
I wonder why India was never interested in Mirages 2000 from Qatar or UAE. It would be a cost effective and quick solution to replace the MiG-21s.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
wonder why India was never interested in Mirages 2000 from Qatar or UAE. It would be a cost effective and quick solution to replace the MiG-21s.

India shown interest to acquire Mirage 2k-5 from greece. Thus I do believe they potentially will be interested with Qatar ones. However do remember the talk in market that Qatar fleet already been alocated to Indonesia. If Indonesia really 'canceled' the contract, then those fleet can be available again to the market. Question now, are Indonesia really canceled or just postponed ;)

swerve

Super Moderator
I wonder why India was never interested in Mirages 2000 from Qatar or UAE. It would be a cost effective and quick solution to replace the MiG-21s.
Qatar thought about getting rid of its Mirage 2000s a long time ago, & India expressed an interest, but accoring to the reports I remember from the time the Indians thought Qatar wanted too much for them, & the Qataris were reported to be offended by the Indian attitude, seeing it as bazaari-style negotiation, not serious. The Mirages were fairly new, in excellent condition, & offered with weapons & large stocks of spares.

So the Qataris kept them, & have used them.