Members?

The Watcher

Why so many people registered and not so many postings or new interesting threads in military forums? i guess too many asians scare the hell out of some new visitors. :eek: almost 2 years and not as active participation as it should be but much better than past. ;)

mysterious

Yup. And I think we need to advertise as well 'heavily' (if need be) on websites originating from places all over the globe so that a diverse segment of people become aware of DT.

redsoulja

my thouights exactly myst we need to form coaltions or atleast advertise in other forums to grab teh attention of forum goers in order to attract their attention, maybe defence talk is teh best forum online and no one knows about it!!!

srirangan

Banned Member
It's kind of a disaster. DT has a great google rank and its SEO is near perfect!
But I have lost all my old email notif's and for a fact email notif's was what kept me coming back to DT. That loses a lot of participation. And also the excessive advertizing also is unfortunate.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Well, since we changed the forum software, the old settings for email notify and others were just reset. So, you may want to re-enable that.

As far as advertising is concerned. Is it really excessive? Banner on top, banner on bottom. I am thinking about showing banners to guests/members only and not to Senior Members / donating members. I don't like idea of donations but DT's bandwidth and hosting requirements have grown and thats why you see some adverisements (google) on here so that we don't have to put up donation boxes. In future we might move to a Private Server so any help would be good thing for DT.

srirangan

Banned Member
Banner on top, banner on bottom.
hmm, I'mn unfortunately seeing banners in the middle of threads though. That really annoys me, I don't mind the banner on top and bottom, infact I occasionaly click'em.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Yeah, that was a test modification but sadly didn't work out as I thought it would... so it's no longer in use other than the one where you see banner after very first post. Lets see if there is a way to disable that for members/logged in users.

thanks

The Watcher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
and webs what is going on with soo many indo-pak topics? dont u people have something else to discuss and then people complain about flame wars.

myst time to advertise on non asian websites........... :D

The Watcher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
aah not really. only those that are important not every shitty little news about pak india. anyway it seems my topics are the ones that are active and go the long way. ;) :lol

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
I'm thinking we should limit the posting privilege to members only to prevent troublemakers to post insulting comments.