Joining a foreign army

Yasmin

Does anybody knows is it possible to join any army in Latin America or Africa like foreigner (with or without residence card)?

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
I doubt you can join foreign military service without being a resident or citizen of that country. However, there are a few exceptions to this. There are some private security contract agencies and a few country sponsored mercenary organizations of such as the FFL and SFL.

Last edited:

turin

Well, the Spanish Foreign Legion does not enlist foreigners anymore. This practice was abandoned at the end of the 1980s (I think, around 1987). Thats why today they are called Spanish Legion.
The best chance is still the French Foreign Legion, though they take it not kindly to be called mercenaries... ;)
By the way, as far as I know, its also possible to join US Forces as a foreigner. You need to have a green card though.

99Alpha

Yasmin said:
Does anybody knows is it possible to join any army in Latin America or Africa like foreigner (with or without residence card)?
....[Mod edit: Red aRRow: Stop looking down on others and show some respect.].....

Last edited by a moderator: