Iraqi Air Force and Air Defense

Ananda

The Bunker Group
There're online rumours (I still classified this as rumours), that Iraq will going to put their F-16 for sale soon. This is because they're having difficulty to maintain those F-16. This is where I say as rumours as the claim differ from Western source like the drive article below that claim otherwise.

So whether they are diversifying or replacing as they have problems on maintaining their F-16, somehow it is conflicting information.

Sandhi Yudha

There're online rumours (I still classified this as rumours), that Iraq will going to put their F-16 for sale soon. This is because they're having difficulty to maintain those F-16. This is where I say as rumours as the claim differ from Western source like the drive article below that claim otherwise.

So whether they are diversifying or replacing as they have problems on maintaining their F-16, somehow it is conflicting information.
If they want to get rid of the F-16, i think that there are enough countries who can take them over, like Taiwan, Indonesia or other F-16 users. The Iraqi F-16s have a low amount of flight hours and are from a late/modern variant

Ananda

The Bunker Group
If they want to get rid of the F-16, i think that there are enough countries who can take them over, like Taiwan, Indonesia or other F-16 users.
That's about it, the information whether they want to keep or get rid their F-16, which is in my opinion conflicting. US must agree if Iraq AF really want to disperse theirs F-16, and I guess US will agree if Taiwan, Indonesia or Philippines want to take those up. It's back to early question, is Iraq really want to get rid their F-16?

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
If IQAF wants to retire its F-16 then Pakistan would probably be the first in line, and take these aircraft in barter payment for JF-17s. But, of course, F-16s transfer to Pakistan would depend on the US consent and provision for upgrades/MLU.