Iran making a new missile

P.A.F

Iran making new missile

TEHRAN, May 31: Iran has begun manufacturing its first locally made anti-ship missile, a "kind of cruise missile" named the Kosar, the state-run news agency IRNA reported on Monday.

Quoting the Islamic republic's defence ministry, the report said the missile was being made by Iran's Aerospace Industries Organization and had been "designed for defensive purposes".

According to the report, the new missile can target its goals in three different positions as coast to sea, sea to sea and air to sea, and has been designed to be either televised or radar guided.

"The new missile has been designed according to geographical specifications of the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman," the report added, without specifying its range. -AFP

http://www.dawn.com/2004/06/01/top15.htm

lamdacore

P.A.F said:
Iran making new missile

TEHRAN, May 31: Iran has begun manufacturing its first locally made anti-ship missile, a "kind of cruise missile" named the Kosar, the state-run news agency IRNA reported on Monday.

Quoting the Islamic republic's defence ministry, the report said the missile was being made by Iran's Aerospace Industries Organization and had been "designed for defensive purposes".

According to the report, the new missile can target its goals in three different positions as coast to sea, sea to sea and air to sea, and has been designed to be either televised or radar guided.

"The new missile has been designed according to geographical specifications of the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman," the report added, without specifying its range. -AFP

http://www.dawn.com/2004/06/01/top15.htm
iran always had a steady missile develpment program. i think that this is partially or even completely based on the missile technology that pakistan provided to them. of source iranian scientists, engineers, and technicians are also very capable and have probably developed this missile with a lot of effort.

I am happy for iran since it is trying to become independent due to many sanctions and misunderstanding with other governments and this development will definitely help them in their defence.

P.A.F

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i'm happy for iran as well. just keep this statement in mind
AMERICA HATES INDEPENDANT NATIONS. e.g. IRAN and NORTH KOREA.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
P.A.F said:
i'm happy for iran as well. just keep this statement in mind
AMERICA HATES INDEPENDANT NATIONS. e.g. IRAN and NORTH KOREA.
you might want to narrow it down a bit, austria, switzerland, botswana, new zealand etc etc... are independant, and I don't think the US hates them.. ;)

mysterious

'Cuz dear gf, the nations you just named, hardly play any significant role on the world's strategic stage! :smokingc:

P.A.F

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
FOR E.G. AMERICA HAS GOT PAKISTAN UNDER CONTROL BECAUSE OF THE DEBT. WHEREAS IRAN HAS SOME DEBT BUT NOT ENOUGH FOR AMERICA TO TAKE CONTROL OVER THEM. SAME WITH NORTH KOREA. THATS WHY THERE CALLED THESE SO CALLED AXIS OF EVIL. :D

[Mod edit: Please do not use CAPS LOCK incessantly as it gives the impression that you are shouting. Thank you.]

srirangan

Banned Member
>> WHAT I MENT WAS THAT AMERICA HATE THERE INDEPENDANT ENEMIES.

aren't you stating the obvious; everyone hates their enemies, independent or not ..

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
gf0012 said:
you might want to narrow it down a bit, austria, switzerland, botswana, new zealand etc etc... are independant, and I don't think the US hates them.. ;)
because these country are not in the way of U.S and therefore does not threaten their interest, in fact, they are potential allies. Iran, North Korea on the other are a challenge to U.S influence.

srirangan

Banned Member
Pathfinder-X,
You said that those countries were challangers to the US. What's the harm in taking on challengers? In a bar if someone challenges you, you won't back out would you?

adsH

srirangan said:
Pathfinder-X,
You said that those countries were challangers to the US. What's the harm in taking on challengers? In a bar if someone challenges you, you won't back out would you?
i would do the sensible thing i would back out, hell yeah, i have an important lecture in the morning INtro to Comp, all those algorithms had been doing my head inn any ways the last thing i need is to have the Copers take me and my foe away and lock us up!!. the Foe wouldn't have much a life any ways (hes probably a bum)

srirangan

Banned Member
Yeah, but if you were the strongest dude in the world and could beat the challenge to in no time; you would never back out. The biggest dude is what the US is in the world bar.