How many F-16s does PAF have ?

AA guys. Im new on this forum - loved the pics. Though Im for peace between India and Pak, I do love our airforce, army and navy.

My query relates to a few articles I have read and they all give conflicting accounts of the F-16s we have left. Some say 32, others 28. I cant imagine that we have lost so many planes already. What do you guys think and can we trust our sourceS?
Thanks.

Shamayel's edit** I edited the subject of the thread and added the words Pakistan Air Force in it so everyone knows what is going on. thanks.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thanks Farooq... yes peace is what all of us are after but sometimes there are circumstatnces which make you be prepared for the worst. As much as we all love peace, we do not want some aggressor to destroy our home.

Pakistani f-16, well because of the US sanctions and lack of spare parts some of the planes were broken down to provide parts for other planes in the fleet. Pakistan lost few in afghan war and one was given to China < though im not too sure about that.

Thanks

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Re: How many F-16s do we have left?

farooqjalalmalik said:
AA guys. Im new on this forum - loved the pics. Though Im for peace between India and Pak, I do love our airforce, army and navy.

My query relates to a few articles I have read and they all give conflicting accounts of the F-16s we have left. Some say 32, others 28. I cant imagine that we have lost so many planes already. What do you guys think and can we trust our sourceS?
Thanks.
Thanks dude for your post.
PAF has 32 Falcons in its inventory.

umair

Peace Enforcer
Inventory:40 F-16s:6 were cannibalized, 1 was shot down in the 80's(a case of "blue on blue") one given to China for study for the J-10 project(un confirmed).Balance:32 F-16s left

Oqaab

umair said:
Inventory:40 F-16s:6 were cannibalized, 1 was shot down in the 80's(a case of "blue on blue") one given to China for study for the J-10 project(un confirmed).Balance:32 F-16s left
F-16 was given to China for JF-17s development.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Re: How many F-16s does Pakistan Air Force have ?

Nice analysis umair.
yeah I think Oqaab is right on this one. The F-16 was probably used for the development of the JF-17.

Oqaab

There are several rumours about China stole F-16s technology and Pakistan provided F-16 to China to make J-10 but only JF-17 was a copy of F-16 with some advanced features. Not the J-10.

ullu

It doesn't really matter how many f16s pak got. The ones that it has are old, in bad shape and need service, upgrades and a lot of retouching. Its a sad sad story.

Winter

A general inventory from Global Security...

Pakistan Air Force

Combat

F-16 -32
Mirage III -88
Mirage 5 -52
Q-5 -42
J-7 -74
J-6 -40

Support/Recon

Mirage IIIRP -11
Falcon DA-20 - 2
Atlantic - 3
SA-316/319 Alouette 3 -15

Transport

C-130 -12
Boeing 707 - 3
Boeing 737 - 1
Falcon 20 - 1
F-27-200 - 4
Y-12 (II) - 2

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer

Sorry Winter but those figures are wayyyy old. They don't include the EX Aussie mirages and the P3c Orions which Pakistan got....along with other stuff I'm sure. But thanks anyway :)

umair

Peace Enforcer

Winter said:
A general inventory from Global Security...

Pakistan Air Force

Combat

F-16 -32
Mirage III -88
Mirage 5 -52
Q-5 -42
J-7 -74
J-6 -40

Support/Recon

Mirage IIIRP -11
Falcon DA-20 - 2
Atlantic - 3
SA-316/319 Alouette 3 -15

Transport

C-130 -12
Boeing 707 - 3
Boeing 737 - 1
Falcon 20 - 1
F-27-200 - 4
Y-12 (II) - 2

Winter actually the Pak navy flies the Atlantics as they are a maritime patrol,ASW,ASV aircraft. ;)

Winter

Yes, quite....As you may have guessed, I am not intimately familiar with the exact quota strength of the Pakistani air-related inventory which is why I procure sub-standard information from know-nothing websites to further augment my infinite embarressment. I'm sorry.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer

Winter said:
Yes, quite....As you may have guessed, I am not intimately familiar with the exact quota strength of the Pakistani air-related inventory which is why I procure sub-standard information from know-nothing websites to further augment my infinite embarressment. I'm sorry.
LOL....No problemo dude! It's nice having you around the forum. You don't need to be sorry for some dude who doesn't update his website. :D