Help with Photos. Is this Biggs Air Force Base? What planes are these?

daphotoresearch

I am sorting an old photo album. There are some interesting military pics in it. I have almost no reference for the pics. These appear to be from late 1940s, post-WWII. One shows the gate of the Biggs Air Force Base. Others might also be from Hawaii or Japan.
Some of the images have snow in them. Some look warm and sunny. I know it can snow in El Paso, TX, but that has not helped me with linking any of these images together.
Also, there are some planes on the tarmac. Any help id'ing these would be appreciated!
--daphotoresearch

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
#4-5 look like B-29.

As far as if its Biggs airfield, I don't think El Paso gets snow? Unless it was one off events.

daphotoresearch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"El Paso averages 3.4 inches of snow per year."
…but I agree that the snow shown may indicate the snowy pics may not be Biggs. But in the 1940s, they certainly could have had a big snowstorm that came and went quickly.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Are the guys in #11 standing in front of those new construction buildings in the background of #7?

At lakes

The aircraft in photo three looks like the snout of a C124 and the aircraft in 10(r) in my opinion are F8 Crusaders
and I think the aircraft in 10(L) are Hustlers I think they were known as the B58, and i think the aircraft in Photo 5 is a Boeing KB50 and it appears to be kitted out for the early trials for in flight refueling.

Last edited: