Help needed

Black Mamba

hey guys i need help
i am in afghanistan these days and i have some pictures of american and russian (destroyed/disused) equipment and i wanna know how to upload the pics to this site

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello BM, thanks for posting and joining.

How many pictures do you have?

you can upload pictures in the gallery one by one or put all of them in one or two .ZIP files and email to [email protected] and we would be happy to upload them for you.

ullu

You ARE in afghanistan??? They have internet there? They have an internet connection that actually allows you to UPLOAD files? WHao!

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Black Mamba said:
hey guys i need help
i am in afghanistan these days and i have some pictures of american and russian (destroyed/disused) equipment and i wanna know how to upload the pics to this site
Black mamba I see you have uploaded a picture of a U.S. black hawk in Afghanistan. Thanks a bunch for that. Anyways if you still don't know how to upload :) then do this.

1) Go to http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures

2) Log in if you are not already logged in.

3) When you are on the Gallery link (www.defencetalk.com/pictures) then click on "Upload a picture".

4) Select which gallery to upload the pic to, from the drop down list.

5) Click on Browse and select the file from your PC

6) Enter the name of the picture and its description along with keywords in the appropriate fields.

7) Click on Upload and Bob's your uncle!!!

Really looking forward to the pictures!!!! Hurry up with them!! :D :D

Black Mamba

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks for the info guys
well, actually i'm in afghanistan auditing the accounts of a company contracted by USAID to do work here in afghanistan
it's only when i got here when i realised that this place is a virtual graveyard for russian military equipment
it's like they have proper graveyards here where they dump all their destroyed/disused military equipment!
the initial pics were moslty taken by my other camera and only later did i switch to the digital one, so some of them will b uploaded when i get back to pakistan but others i shall load as soon as possible.
there's a lot of ISAF equipment to b seen too and this place is awesome for a military buff!!!
hahaha
v almost had a run in with a german ISAF convoy the other day coz r driver was trying to overtake a car without realising that germans in front of it were getting really jumpy and when the guy finally cocked his gun and pointed it at the driver did v realise what was actually happening!!!!

Black Mamba

hey guys
nother thing
tell me abt this site
i mean, who made this and who r most of u ppl and nething else coz i just came by it by chance...was searching for aircraft wallpapers actually.. ;) ....so, what's the story behind this site?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Pictures: How many pictures do you have? If its more than 10, please put it in a zip file and email so i can have someone upload through FTP. Speaking of FTP maybe we can give you an FTP account so you can just upload your pictures there, instead of one-by-one on the gallery. It would be helpful if you can also give us descriptions - that would be really cool!

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, MB there isn't any story behind this site.

We are group of individuals who are crazy about defense and military hardware as well as who is doing what where how when as far as defense is concerned around the globe. Initially it was groupe of atleast 10 people but then as it was reduced to 4/5 people/volunteers. Most of them are in the background working and editing but Shamayel and I take part in discussions(well I sometimes), etc.

I hope that helped. If you want to know more (which I am sure you do, please contact me at [email protected]) maybe we can chat on MSN or something.

Just to give you each sections description, etc:

The site went through few stages before it reached the one it is in now. We had few design changes, then it was decided that website with great content also needs great professional design as you see today. It takes a lot of work to keep the site updated and working. So far everything has been smooth and well. Unfortunately there are limitations if we can put videos on the site or not... currently few vids that do exist are hosted somewhere else for bandwidth purposes. Hopefully, when have enough bandwidth we can host the vids as well on much faster servers and backbons without # of connection limitations.

You can never know about defense unless you keep in touch with the news. That is why we have our news section - we try to add as much as possible daily from various sources. So to make it more easy for our friends who share the same passion for defense field as we do to have all news at once place. Instead of them going to 20 different websites to read 10 different stories we bring those right at one place.

Whats a defense website without decent collection of pictures of defense hardware? The gallery is growing very fast, its the most popular feature on the site so far... we are adding almost 3-20 pics daily. I only wish more users would contribute their military pictures collection too but I guess that will take time.

The forums - are here for the users to combine our gallery section and news section and get down to business to discuss and analyze strategic developments.

Black Mamba

thanks for the info..again!..;)
well, i think an ftp server sounds pretty good coz i have around 55 pics right now and a lot more planned inshallah..;)
like i said, this place is a veritable military buff's paradise!!
but i don't know the first thing abt how to go abt making one
so if u can help me there, then that would b good

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
No problem.

I will make a directory for you where you can upload your pictures. So check your PM here on forum to get the info...

Thanks

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
If you look at very top where various links are-you will see a PM, click that and then you may see a PM from me containing your FTP information. PM stands for Personal Message/Messenger.

Thanks

Black Mamba

sorry guys
i know some of u have been waiting for the pics but i got back and somehow, just couldn't find the time
and inshallah, by the coming weekend, i shall have a lot of these pics uploaded
so, just sit tight
thanks