Hail & Request

Davyd

Never really put in an official 'hallo' so i guess this'll also serve. Was a nifty looking forum, and after peeking in for the last three months decided to join. Neat to be able to talk about all this tech somewhere.

Anywho, actually got a request and an idea. I picked (in my opinion) what i thought was the best av in the bunch, but was wondering if someone could chop the eyesore off of it and offer the av with just the Tornado in it?:D;) I kid. I'm sure the admin must have some love affair with the Typhoon and i'm probably stepping myself off into the doghouse for even suggesting such a sacrilege.

Now as for the idea. Maybe it's been requested, maybe its not. But just curious if anyone thought to add like a 'Literature' section to the forums. You know, somewhere where we can talk about all books pertaining defense minded subjects. If we read them, if we recommend them, etc. Fiction and non fiction, i figure there might be some interest there. Maybe, maybe not. Just testing the waters.

Anyway, love the place. Hope we have some good discussions.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Thanks Davyd.

About a "literature" section - well this was created few weeks ago:

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Its a sub-forum of military images but if we need to we can move it onto the main page.

I am not sure, I understand what you meant by:

Anywho, actually got a request and an idea. I picked (in my opinion) what i thought was the best av in the bunch, but was wondering if someone could chop the eyesore off of it and offer the av with just the Tornado in it? I kid. I'm sure the admin must have some love affair with the Typhoon and i'm probably stepping myself off into the doghouse for even suggesting such a sacrilege.
Some elaboration would be nice.

Thanks again and enjoy!

Davyd

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh. Excuse. I was referring to the fact that there's a Typhoon visible in the avatar, and it would look so much better (to me) without it. The Tornado is more than adequate!

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Davyd said:
Oh. Excuse. I was referring to the fact that there's a Typhoon visible in the avatar, and it would look so much better (to me) without it. The Tornado is more than adequate!
I see. I can upload any aircraft of your choice to the avatars. Or you can save a thumbnail of aircraft that you like and upload it as your avatar. :)