Flight of the longbow

copterdoctor

hello,
here are some pics of my latest model, an AH-64D Apache Longbow. the model is built from an all wood kit. the custom features are a four bladed main rotor and scale 4 bladed tail rotor. allthe lights work including the day and night strobes. the tads and cannon move and the cannon has the light flashes from firing(doesnt really fire though nor do the rockets launch) the stabilator moves up and down and is preprogrammed. the FCR is mounted stationary on the top and can be set to pan left and right in flight. though it isnt quite finished yet, it has been flying the past few weeks and flies well.
thanks for looking and enjoy the pics.
Emile

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
hello,
here are some pics of my latest model, an AH-64D Apache Longbow. the model is built from an all wood kit. the custom features are a four bladed main rotor and scale 4 bladed tail rotor. allthe lights work including the day and night strobes. the tads and cannon move and the cannon has the light flashes from firing(doesnt really fire though nor do the rockets launch) the stabilator moves up and down and is preprogrammed. the FCR is mounted stationary on the top and can be set to pan left and right in flight. though it isnt quite finished yet, it has been flying the past few weeks and flies well.
thanks for looking and enjoy the pics.
Emile
That is pretty neat, what does something like that set you back in cost and time to build.:)

copterdoctor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. it took about 6 months to build and the kit costs around $225. there's about another adittional $150 in glue and supplies to finish it. the helicopter that is mounted in it is an xcell 60 with a thunder tiger .70 with Jr radio equipment that is probably around $1000.

metro

That's really nice!

I guess there's no more need for someone to buy a guard dog for their house... "Caution! Attack Helicopter on Premise"! :)

AegisFC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Very nice model! I'd love to do something like that but I"m scared I'd crash it after spending all that time and money building it.

mysterious

Now dont be flying that near sensitive installations in your country, things may get confusing. :p Anyways, brilliant work! Keep up the good work!

copterdoctor

well, that wouldnt be something you would build for a first time machine, thats for sure. you learn to fly on something more practical for a novice and work your way up. sorta like it is done in the world of the fullsize aircraft.

copterdoctor

it will be another helicopter project as that is my passion. the Jets are nice but getting into them is gonna be way more than my budget allows. anyway, i am finishing up a "B" model huey and an OH58D (number 4) a cobra is also in the future, an "S" model done up in the US Army demo colors fo the heritage foundation.