Falcon Leap 2023 exercise

Dino van Doorn

U.S., Dutch, U.K., Italian, Romanian, Polish, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, French and German Soldiers participate in static line and free fall jumps as a part of the Market Garden 79-year anniversary within Falcon Leap 23 (FALE23) in Ginkelse Heide, Netherlands. FALE23 is a Royal Dutch Military led, multinational, joint technical airborne exercise designed to enhance interoperability of participating NATO airborne forces and aircrews in personnel and equipment parachuting operations in Arnhem, Netherlands from 02-17 September 2023. Falcon Leap is NATO’s largest technical airborne exercise which will also include ceremonies commemorating the 79th anniversary of Operation Market Garden
Video Enhancement: GMAP.NL Video credit GMAP.NL

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Personally I have never understood the reasoning of willingly leaping out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft. If the wings have fallen off and its on fire I will be the first to wilfully abandon it. I can read the parachuting instruction manual on the way down.

Redlands18

Personally I have never understood the reasoning of willingly leaping out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft. If the wings have fallen off and its on fire I will be the first to wilfully abandon it. I can read the parachuting instruction manual on the way down.
Not quite as dangerous as being the first one up a ladder in a Medieval battle, but not far short of it.