[DONE] Forum upgrade

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Re: [DONE] Forum will be down on Thursday, Dec. 30th...

Few features from the previous forum r missing. I liked the user details on the left side on th tread. Also what Srirangan is talkin about. Hope they all get fixed, the forum has just started.

Webs can u darken the color a bit where ppl's post appears. I mean 1st persons color should be dark than the person posting after him has lighter box, but due to lightness in contrast makes both look like white box.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank You folks!

Sabre, same details are displayed on top of where user's reply is. I will see if we can fix that issue and bring some old features back.

It gets little slower on Internet explorer but other browsers such as Firefox, its fast!

Last edited by a moderator:

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro

WebMaster said:
Thank You folks!

Sabre, same details are displayed on top of where user's reply is. I will see if we can fix that issue and bring some old features back.

It gets little slower on Internet explorer but other browsers such as Firefox, its fast!
I liked them on the Left side. Anyways I guess we ll adjust to this forum soon & than it wont matter.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member

Down at the bottom of the main page of the forums you have an option to select two different types of current template. Full or fixed.

mysterious

Well this new setup needs quite a bit of fixing I must say! Like, when I sign in to DT forums and it shows me threads with new posts and after I go in to read and/or discuss and come bak out, the status DOES NOT change. I mean, like, the same threads still appear with the icon that says they have new posts in 'em (even though I've just read 'em all). When is that going to get fixed?

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
mysterious said:
Well this new setup needs quite a bit of fixing I must say! Like, when I sign in to DT forums and it shows me threads with new posts and after I go in to read and/or discuss and come bak out, the status DOES NOT change. I mean, like, the same threads still appear with the icon that says they have new posts in 'em (even though I've just read 'em all). When is that going to get fixed?
Well, its a problem and its not a problem. Two ways around that problem are, lets say you are in land forces forum and there is one thread with reply - well you can read that and then back track to land forces (click on link in the breadcrum) to go back into land forces and then get out it usually works for me. Or read all forums and then clear out the cookies (mark all forums read down at the bottom) or once you log in, just click on "new posts" or "active topics" up on top menu and just go through the list.

Armage, glad you like it.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Both methods r working but its better u clear out cockies. As the software is new i think it will need some refreshing as well.
I was having some troubles too but they were solved once I clared cockies & refreshed the engines.
Also u the links on top that redirects u, they help too.

mysterious

Well I guess I already found a way (which may not be the most popular around but is quick), sign-out and then sign back in. :p

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
well that is some irritating way myst. I guess the webs way is much easier. Just use the redirect links on top. Do clear ur coockies (It helps alot) plus refresh the browser when u visit DT after clearing cookies.
U have to do thos once, unlike ur way of loggin in n out n in.
Well than its upto u.