Coverage on Peacekeeping Missions

dragonfire

Hi Webmaster and other Mods

I had a suggestion that defencetalk should take up coverage of Peacekeeping missions since this is something that is often missed in media and other forums, however i am sure that a lot of stuff does happen in such missions

Also wanted to congratulate the team behinf defencetalk - I joined in post the mumbai attacks and feel that this has been an excellent source to air views, to source knowledge and have intelligent discussions

Cheers

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Hello Dragonfire,

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, something similar to this is already in place in form of "war & conflicts news." Moreover, there isn't much on peacekeeping missions other than the forces training the local security forces and helping the community. I am sure that is interesting news item for some but may not be for most users - unless, of course, you are doing research on the topic?

We will try to include peacekeeping news in same sections, war and conflicts news.

I hope that answered your query?

Thanks and enjoy!

dragonfire

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Webmaster,

The motivation behind such a request was certain incidents in the African continent which involved the UN Peacekeeping forces and the local militia/rebels, what i have generaly noticed is that such missions dont get any media coverage, hence my suggestion.

Will keep abrest of coverage on the "War & Conflicts News"

Thanks !