Chinese PLAAF Newest Toy: J-10 Fighter @ China Airshow 2008

Ozzy Blizzard

Thanks bud. I haven't been able to get decent shots of the J-10. Considering there have been 100 produced thus far (?) there really isn't that many shots available on the net.

yasin_khan

J-XX 4th-Generation Fighter Aircraft

China’s two major fighter aircraft manufacturers, Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SAC) and Chengdu Aircraft Industry Co. (CAC), are both working on advanced 4th-generation fighter designs that could enter the PLAAF service as early as 2015. While Shenyang has been engaged in a brand new F-22-class stealth fighter design known as J-12, Chengdu has been focusing its development effort on an enlarged twin-engine, stealth version of its J-10 fighter possibly designated J-13. Both development projects are believed to have benefited from Russian aviation and weapon technologies.

These will be the latest from China which are not yet tested.

Admin: You MUST quote sources if copy and pasting material - see following alert to all from me re this issue.

www.1913intel.com/2007/11/13/analysis-china-fits-737-to-military-use/

in the case of the above link, it's irrelevant that it's also been copied and pasted by another Forum - it will not happen here.

Last edited by a moderator:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Everyone:

It is unacceptable to quote other sources and not give citation. It borders on plagiarism and exposes the Forum to issues of copywrite abuse.

Warnings will be immediately issued for breaches.​

yasin_khan

J-XX 4th-Generation Fighter Aircraft

China’s two major fighter aircraft manufacturers, Shenyang Aircraft Corporation (SAC) and Chengdu Aircraft Industry Co. (CAC), are both working on advanced 4th-generation fighter designs that could enter the PLAAF service as early as 2015. While Shenyang has been engaged in a brand new F-22-class stealth fighter design known as J-12, Chengdu has been focusing its development effort on an enlarged twin-engine, stealth version of its J-10 fighter possibly designated J-13. Both development projects are believed to have benefited from Russian aviation and weapon technologies.

These will be the latest from China which are not yet tested.

Admin: You MUST quote sources if copy and pasting material - see following alert to all from me re this issue.

www.1913intel.com/2007/11/13/analysis-china-fits-737-to-military-use/

in the case of the above link, it's irrelevant that it's also been copied and pasted by another Forum - it will not happen here.

I will be carefull next time.

Wall83

I read in the Sinodefence forum that the new J-10 version flew on december 26. It adapted DSI inlet,EW sensor located in tail fin,similiar to FC-1,EF-2000 wing design,IRST and PESA.
Dont think its official yet.