Best Carrier Based/Naval Fighters (POLL)

Best Carrier Based Fighter

• F-18 Super Hornet

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • F-14 Tom Cat

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Sea Harrier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rafale M

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Su-33

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MiG-29K

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Just a survey. Which carrier based fighter do you think is the best. Reason is welcomed specialy when its technical.

I wanted to add JSF-35C but decided not to. It will probably end superior to above mentioned. If for some reason some one thinks that F-35 should be there specialy if you think that its not superior to any of the above fighters than ask Webs to add it.

BTW my favorite is F-14. Good Radar, Long Range BVR missiles.

Mod edit: Path: The question has been answered. No further need to drag on the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aussie Digger

The Block 2 Super Hornets fitted with AESA, ATFLIR, JHMCS etc and the full range of US weapon systems, AMRAAM, AIM-9X, JDAM, JSOW, HARM, Maverick, Paveway II/II, SLAM-ER etc is the most capable Naval fighter in-service at present, IMHO. It is the only one truly capable of duel role A2A and A2G combat in all aspects.

The F-14 is basically retired from service and will be completely within a couple of years. The Sea Harrier is being retired from service. The Rafale is only A2A capable at present, but should progress to become a very capable naval fighter. It hasn't got there yet though... The Mig-29K? Don't know much about it, but A2G has never been the Mig29's strong point and I seriously doubt it's as capable in every area as the SH...

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Salman78 said:
Mig-33 is a newer/modified Mig-29. It shouldnt be in the poll. Howcome Su-33 isnt in the list.
Sorry I was trying put Su-33 but instead i wrote MiG-33 by mistake. I'll ask webs to correct it.

P.A.F

I agree with Aussie Digger.

The Block 2 Super Hornets fitted with AESA, ATFLIR, JHMCS etc and the full range of US weapon systems, AMRAAM, AIM-9X, JDAM, JSOW, HARM, Maverick, Paveway II/II, SLAM-ER etc is the most capable Naval fighter in-service at present, IMHO. It is the only one truly capable of duel role A2A and A2G combat in all aspects.

The F-14 is basically retired from service and will be completely within a couple of years. The Sea Harrier is being retired from service. The Rafale is only A2A capable at present, but should progress to become a very capable naval fighter. It hasn't got there yet though... The Mig-29K? Don't know much about it, but A2G has never been the Mig29's strong point and I seriously doubt it's as capable in every area as the SH...
The F-18 super hornet;)

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Yeah the super hornet i have seen its performance in a movie "Beshind enemy lines" i think its cool highly manuverable and two pilots can do better tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.