Australia's new Raytheon TPS-117 Air Surveillance Radar system

I just saw a pic of theAustralia's new Raytheon TPS-117 Air Surveillance Radar system in the gallery. I di a search but cam up with the same pic. Could the owner provid more pics of this particular model for me please, or maybe someone else?;) :D

Kalkara

Charles,

This is not a Raytheon radar.

The AN/TPS-117 mobile air defence radar, is manufactured by Lockheed Martin. It is a mobile, miniaturised variant of the AN-FPS-117 air defence radar used by the Canadian Armed Forces, US, German and Singapore Air Forces.

In late-1997 the RAAF selected Lockheed Martin's AN/TPS-117 mobile air defence radar to replace the ageing Westinghouse AN/TPS-43 radars which currently equip its three air defence Control and Reporting Units (CRUs).

Tenix Defence Systems have provided subsystems for four Tactical Defence Radar Systems (TADRS) under Project AIR5375.

The Lockheed Martin TPS-117 is the primary surveillance radar, and Raytheon Systems Limited provide the secondary surveillance radar.

Cheers,

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for those beautiful pics. I was wondering if you larger pics of the radar mounted on the truck? I would love to model that one.

BTW, I tried building a 59 version but had very bad pics to work from and even that I couldn't get everything as accurate as I would like. Here is the one I modelled:

The model is of the AN/TPS 59 mobile radar unit. As always I never ever get a decent picture to work from. I had two references to work from and the areas that were not visible I just looked at other radar units that were similiar and just filled in the blanks. So enjoy:

The Reference pics:
Image 1 -

Image 2 -

My model version:
http://homebuiltstabilizers.com/ANTPS59MobileRadarUnit/index.html

Kalkara

Charles,

Brilliant model mate. Very impressive. Now here's what it should look like during transportation.

Kalkara

Charles,

Apparently the TPS-117 is now called an FPS-117 for the fixed radars, and TPS-77 for the transportable variant that you have modelled.

These detailed pics might also be useful, sorry about the poor image quality.

navarror

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Tps-77

Does anybody have any information on how I could get hold of the TPS-77 technical Order?