AUKMIN meeting

Redlands18

Australian and UK Defence and Foreign Ministers will meet in Australia over the next 2 days 21/22 Mar. On the agenda, is a new "status of forces" agreement, an agreement that the UK has only ever enacted with its NATO partners.

There is also going to be a significant announcement on the AUKUS Submarine build in Adelaide, I suspect this may be, who is actually going to build them, though it would be a massive surprise if it is not BAE.

Armchair

Australian and UK Defence and Foreign Ministers will meet in Australia over the next 2 days 21/22 Mar. On the agenda, is a new "status of forces" agreement, an agreement that the UK has only ever enacted with its NATO partners.

There is also going to be a significant announcement on the AUKUS Submarine build in Adelaide, I suspect this may be, who is actually going to build them, though it would be a massive surprise if it is not BAE.
Which probably (along with the chance of a DDG replacement) helps get Ausgov out of the contract for the last 3 Hunters.
Hopefully Australia is done with big surprises on submarine builds.

Redlands18

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which probably (along with the chance of a DDG replacement) helps get Ausgov out of the contract for the last 3 Hunters.
Hopefully Australia is done with big surprises on submarine builds.
I doubt BAE are too concerned about the number of Hunters that have been announced, they are in a prime position for follow on orders, whether they are more vessels based on the Type 26 design, or Type 83s or a completely new design. Both 6 and 9 were always going to be fluid, given the length of time involved.