A question on military procurement practices

BskrCrew

I came across this tweet by Shephard News reporter Harry Lye about a CATV contract between the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden. One of the responses caught my eye about the tender process, the thread being attached below.

Basically, the Swedish Armed Forces led the tender process, and only sent it to (the very Swedish) BAE Systems Hagglunds. I apologise if this is a silly question, but is this normal practice? Wondering if this throws into the question the integrity of certain procurement practices in the military.

Attachments

OPSSG

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basically, the Swedish Armed Forces led the tender process, and only sent it to (the very Swedish) BAE Systems Hagglunds. I apologise if this is a silly question, but is this normal practice? Wondering if this throws into the question the integrity of certain procurement practices in the military.
This is quite normal; their specs and industrial base considerations will likely exclude Bronco 3.

Likewise, Singapore’s MRCV’s RFI will likely end up excluding anyone but ST Marine. The ship builder is going to port over CMS automation features from the LMV and it’s going to be unprofitable for another shipyard to win.

Last edited:

BskrCrew

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is quite normal; their specs and industrial base considerations will likely exclude Bronco 3.

Likewise, Singapore’s MRCV’s RFI will likely end up excluding anyone but ST Marine. The ship builder is going to port over CMS automation features from the LMV and it’s going to be unprofitable for another shipyard to win.
Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the info!