european stealth UCAVs with some images

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaaditya

Unveilling the nEURONn Europe’s UCAV demonstrator
2005-06-13

Monday June 13th, 2005, as French Republic President visited the Dassault Aviation static display, nEUROn Europe’s UCAV demonstrator real-size model was unveiled to the public in presence of all the program’s partners.

The nEUROn program has been launched by the French Defense Minister at the 2003 Paris Air Show. nEUROn, Europe’s UCAV demonstrator, is a Technological Demonstrator: it will not answer to military operational requirements or needs, but it will allow application, integration and validation of technologies already existing or to be developed for unmanned flying vectors. Its aim is not to perform military missions, but to demonstrate maturity and effectiveness of technical solutions.

Ever since the beginning of the program, the French authorities have clearly stated their will that the UCAV technological Demonstrator project should contribute to the build-up of a European defense identity by fully opening it to co-operation. As such, half of the tasks will be entrusted to non-French industrial partners.

After consultation with many European countries, both at Government and at industrial levels, the resulting industrial team answers these criteria and offers the best guarantees for success of the project. It includes (in the chronological order in which the agreements have been signed):

SAAB (Sweden) which is entrusted with the general design, the equipped fuselage, the avionics, the fuel system and part of the flight testing;
Hellenic Aerospace Industry (HAI) is responsible for the rear fuselage, the exhaust pipe and the test rig;
EADS (Spain) will bring its experience for the wings, the ground station, and the data link integration;
RUAG (Switzerland) is taking care of the wind tunnel tests, and the weapon interface;
Alenia (Italy) will, among others, contribute with a new concept of internal weapon bay (Smart Weapon Bay), as well as by the design and development of the electrical power system, the air data system and the flight tests.

In addition to being the design authority, Dassault Aviation takes care of the general design and architecture of the system, the flight control system, the final assembly and the ground tests as well as the flight tests.

To date, the various Memoranda Of Understanding between European companies concerning work packages have been concluded. The industrial team have started the conceptual definition and the feasibility studies of the technological demonstrator, aiming at a first flight mid-2010.

Please read the rules:

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php#16

Save the pictures and upload them to the forums using the attachment feature provided!

Last edited by a moderator:

aaaditya

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
which rule do you want me to read:confused:
also can you be more specific regerding the information(Save the pictures and upload them to the forums using the attachment feature provided!) so that i can follow it in future.:coffee

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
The link couldn't be more specific. It takes you right at the nose of the rule.

Also, when you post you have an option to upload attachments (pictures, etc). USE IT!

aaaditya

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hey webmaster so what you mean to say is that i should first download the images to a folder on my computer and then copy it to the forum:confused: (you see iam relatively new to posting images ,i generally copy them from the source):coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.