G-4M Super Galeb

scg_af

Here are some pics of the new Yugoslav G-4M....

Top Speed: 565 MPH*

Arms:Removable ventral gun pod containing 23 mm \page GSh-23L twin-barrel rapid fire cannon with 200 rds. Two attachments under each wing, with capacity of 500 kg (1102 lb) inboard and 350 kg (772 lb) outboard. Total weapon load capability, with centreline gun pod, 1280 kg (2822 lb), or 1800 kg (3968 lb) for G-4M. In addition to standard high explosive bombs and napalm pods, typical Yugoslav stores include S-8-16 cluster bombs, each with eight 16 kg fragmentation munitions; KPT-150 expendable containers, each with up to 40 anti-personnel or 54 anti-tank bomblets; L-57-16MD pods, each with sixteen 57 mm rockets; L-128-04 pods, each with four 128 mm rockets; adaptors for twin 5 in HVAR rockets, single 57 mm VRZ-57 training rockets; SN-3-050 triple carriers for 50 kg bombs; SN-3-100 triple carriers for 100 kg bombs; KM-3 pods each containing a single 12.7 mm (0.50 in) gun; SAM Z-80 towed target system; and auxiliary fuel tanks on the inboard attachments. Provision to be added for air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles.

hope ya like the G-4M Super Galeb:)

Alektas

It was a squadron of Super Galebs that whiped out in 1999 around 16 apaches and other machines parked in an US base in Albania. Thats why Apaches were never deployed in the US war against Yugoslavia.
This just shows you that human determination, courage and resourcefulness is often more valuable than technology.

scg_af

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alektas said:
It was a squadron of Super Galebs that whiped out in 1999 around 16 apaches and other machines parked in an US base in Albania. Thats why Apaches were never deployed in the US war against Yugoslavia.
This just shows you that human determination, courage and resourcefulness is often more valuable than technology.

yea....guess ur right

but it is a nice plane, though. (despite its top speed)

artistoli

Interesting... though I'm not sure about the claim that they wiped out the Apaches. The Apaches that deployed to Albania all returned safely apart from, I believe, two that were destroyed in a collision. Of course, I could be wrong, but do you have anything to back up your claims?

Ps. The Galeb always reminds me of the early Hawks. :)