Does anybody know these vehicles

RoNic

Hi,

first I say hello, because I'm new here :wave

I was at Fortaleza San Luis (Santiago de los Caballeros) and in there are 4 Military vehicles and different guns. Now I tried to find the types of each. Two one's I was able to identify (one Landsverk L-60 SIII and one M3A1).

So I hope one of you can help me with the other ones.

They're both 4 wheeled and armored.

Hope to get some Information about this vehicles :confused:
Robert

RoNic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who can ID this vehichles

Hi,

I hope that somebody can help me to ID this two vehicles :confused:.

I saw them in Santiago de los Caballeros (Fortaleza San Luis) in dominican republic.

Thanks!
Robert

Blackshoe

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Hi,

first I say hello, because I'm new here :wave

I was at Fortaleza San Luis (Santiago de los Caballeros) and in there are 4 Military vehicles and different guns. Now I tried to find the types of each. Two one's I was able to identify (one Landsverk L-60 SIII and one M3A1).

So I hope one of you can help me with the other ones.

They're both 4 wheeled and armored.

Hope to get some Information about this vehicles :confused:
Robert
The second picture is definitely the Pansarbil Lynx.

This book mentions something called the "M-16 APC", but I've been unable to figure out what it is.

buglerbilly

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
The armoured car is a Panserbil m/39, see here...............

The Pansarbil m/39 or Lynx was a Swedish 4x4 armoured car that AB Landsverk began developing in 1937 for the Danish Army.

The Lynx had a low slung body with well sloped, but thin, armour. The 140 hp Scania-Vabis petrol engine was in the middle on the left side. The crew consisted of six troops; a forward driver and hull machine gunner, two similar positions in the rear hull, and two crew in the revolving turret which mounted a 20mm Madsen cannon and a coaxial light machine gun.

Three vehicles were delivered to Denmark in April 1938, but a further batch of fifteen were still awaiting delivery to Copenhagen when the war broke out in 1939. These were then confiscated by the Swedes who employed them as the Pansarbil m/39 and ordered a further thirty units for the Swedish Army. As Landsverk lacked the capacity the new batch was manufactured by Volvo, and hence powered by a Volvo engine, designated Pansarbil m/40.

All Swedish cars were fitted with a Bofors 20 mm akan m/40 automatic cannon instead of the Madsen.

In 1956, 13 of the m/39s were sold to the Dominican Republic.

EXSSBN2005

is (or was) the top armored over or supporting a turret of any kind, I have been looking on or off for about 2 weeks now and cant find anything exactly matching it, although it looks alot like a Sd Kfz 221/222/223 with a modified hood, maybe a local mod for extra cooling? I thought i saw one alot like this in heartbreak ridge being operated by the cuban soldiers but its been awhile since i have seen the movie.

M-16 APC (per wikipedia be it as it may) 1953 in Korea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Army_M16_MGMC_AA_Half-track.jpg

Last edited:

MickB

Hi,

I hope that somebody can help me to ID this two vehicles :confused:.

I saw them in Santiago de los Caballeros (Fortaleza San Luis) in dominican republic.

Thanks!
Robert
Profile of APC looks similar to the modern ACMAT Bastion, perhaps an older product by this company.