051B AERIEL PHOTOS

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Great pic, but China still needs a few more of these ships to be able to overwhelm Taiwan.

One thing i always wonder is that why would they build 052B and 052C class at the same time. Both ships have similar weapon systems, the only differences are the Aegis type radar and VLS system installed on 052C. Anyone know the answer to this?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
China is going through extensive real time testing. I suspect that the platforms were development cycles in their own right.

However, within a fleet situation they would be able to act in sympathy as a response team.

They're using two vessels to do the job of one PAAMs or Aegis vessel. But - they do get platform redundancy if one is taken out - but as a caveta, they do lose a portion of their protection or function suite.

doggychow14

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well 052C is a lot more expensive than the 051B. they will problly work together as a group. for expample if an enemy cruise missile or aircraft gets past the hhq-9 then they will have to get through the hhq-7. they willl probably end up defending an aircraft carrier if china gets1. i also heard that china is building a 054A frigate. something about it having a vls. remember the 052C is a HUGE leep for china. these will not be used against taiwan's "navy" rather these will be used to deter american naval involvement. Taiwan's best ships will be the kidd class destroyers when they get them. to deter american involvment will be simple. inflict a number of casualties. make the war costly for the americans.....then let the american media and the public do the rest

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
doggychow14 said:
well 052C is a lot more expensive than the 051B. they will problly work together as a group. for expample if an enemy cruise missile or aircraft gets past the hhq-9 then they will have to get through the hhq-7. they willl probably end up defending an aircraft carrier if china gets1. i also heard that china is building a 054A frigate. something about it having a vls. remember the 052C is a HUGE leep for china. these will not be used against taiwan's "navy" rather these will be used to deter american naval involvement. Taiwan's best ships will be the kidd class destroyers when they get them. to deter american involvment will be simple. inflict a number of casualties. make the war costly for the americans.....then let the american media and the public do the rest
Here is the problem with this little plan, what if the americans don't retreat?? how can you be sure they'll go?? The opposite effect might happen, that is the americans are angered and sends more carriers to battle China.

I seriously doubt these few ships can get anywhere near the american battle group to launch missiles let alone inflict damage on it.

doggychow14

well china currently has the military capacity to hanndle 2 USN carrier groups. lets say 1 carrier gets sunk 4.5 billion dollars gone......over 1000 casualities...but of course this can either 2 possiblities. withdrawal from the americans or escaluation. Will the United States defend taiwan who they themselves use the one china policy to the point of massive escalation. neways it will take the US at least 2 weeks to respond. the president has to decide whether to interfere or not. Congress needs to be informed. and maybe go to the United Nations. jugding from iraq i think the US might skip the last part. by then the pla will be in taiwan already.
the assault on the carrier will be land sea and underneath. the ships won't come to the carrier but let the carrier come to them.

....we're a bit off topic lets go to back to the 052's ANY1 here anything about the 054A or the new 051?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
doggychow14 said:
well china currently has the military capacity to hanndle 2 USN carrier groups. lets say 1 carrier gets sunk 4.5 billion dollars gone......over 1000 casualities...but of course this can either 2 possiblities. withdrawal from the americans or escaluation. Will the United States defend taiwan who they themselves use the one china policy to the point of massive escalation. neways it will take the US at least 2 weeks to respond. the president has to decide whether to interfere or not. Congress needs to be informed. and maybe go to the United Nations. jugding from iraq i think the US might skip the last part. by then the pla will be in taiwan already.
the assault on the carrier will be land sea and underneath. the ships won't come to the carrier but let the carrier come to them.

....we're a bit off topic lets go to back to the 052's ANY1 here anything about the 054A or the new 051?
No, the PLAN says that they think that they can deal with 2 carriers - they don't express positive confidence that they can win. BTW, your numbers are wrong in a number of areas. That means that your assumptions are probably a little flawed as well.

You definitely don't understand how CSF's work, or how the Fleet will react to the loss of any vessel. The CSF and sub forces have autonomous control if they are attacked - they don't need congressional approval to respond. All navies with boomers more or less have the same philosophy. There are no phones ringing constantly between the CSF commander, the president and congress. The SIOP for a CSF or boomer is to defend and react if attacked or if they think that a threat is imminent.

srirangan

Banned Member
doggychow14 said:

Dude you are grossly underestimating the United States. None of their carriers would be sunk. China won't even come close. Plus expect hellfire from US bases in Japan and S.Korea. Wasn't their a recent news item of the B2-Spirits being deployed in S.Korea?

China won't last 2 weeks if the US is fully into the battlin' mode. Trust me what your govt. propaganda machine spews out is mostly crap. China isn't even close to being the world's military super power. China is far far behind Russia too.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Srir, that's exactly what im trying to say, couldn't have said it better myself.

On land warfare in asia china might be a pain in the ass for U.S, but on the ocean PLAN is very weak compare to U.S navy. Your assumption is that PLAN can sink one or two carriers, something that is almost beyond the capability of chinese navy. Second even if you manage to heavily damage or sunk one when you got lucky, what makes you think the american won't send more reinforcements in to finish PLAN once and for all so they can't pose a threat anymore.

moughoun

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
The only navy's in the world who could do, severe damage to the US navy, are the French, UK, and maybe Russia, and even they would be overwhelmed, the PLAN is nowhere near that effective......yet!

srirangan

Banned Member
The Russian prolly, French can't, and everyone knows that UK and the USA are the same. :p

No one else will even get close for atleast the next 30 yrs.

moughoun

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
I don't know, I think the French could atleast, ram the American's ship's, that might cause a bit of damge :D:

doggychow14

Dude even the US admits China can take on at least one carrier. that's why the US did summer pulse. 7 carriers will be overhwleming. no country in the world can handle 7 carriers.i never said PLAN can take on the USN..PLAN is no where close to even pose even a remote challange..i just said that they can inflict a number of casualities. more than iraq anyways. and no the US put f-117's in SK not B-2's.

if u want any links tell me...i'll be happy to dig them up for u

srirangan

Banned Member
Dude even the US admits China can take on at least one carrier.
Dude theres a differnece betw "taking on on carrier" and "sinking one carrier". China can't sink even one carrier. Period.

On the other hand that single bomb fille boat of Al Queda had taken on USS Cole few years ago.

doggychow14

by the end if the decade, US says china will be able to take on 7 carriers...and tell me why china cannot take on 1 carrier if it throws everything it has on it. i believe 1 carrier group can only shoot down a bit over 100 incoming missiles, that is if it is has 100 percent accuracy, and it is sitll under lab conidiotions.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
doggy, you are probably the most optimistic chinese dude i seen here on the forum.

7 U.S battle groups, enough to overwhelm the entire chinese defence near the coast. There is no way China would be able to take on 7 battle groups by the end of the decade. It requires several years to operate the new DDG and subs at a full capacity. Think about it, China's strike capability can increase several times in a few years??

Second a battle group can track and shoot down lot more than just 100 missiles. And what exactly do you have in mind to launch such a massive attack on U.S carrier?? a few JH-7 and SU-30mk2?? These will probably be intercepted by the carrier air wing before it can get in range to launch missiles.

doggychow14

um a US official said it was very possible that by the end of the decade china will be able to take on 7 carriers if unchecked.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
doggychow14 said:
by the end if the decade, US says china will be able to take on 7 carriers...and tell me why china cannot take on 1 carrier if it throws everything it has on it. i believe 1 carrier group can only shoot down a bit over 100 incoming missiles, that is if it is has 100 percent accuracy, and it is sitll under lab conidiotions.
That statement alone demonstrates that the commentator who originally made it has no idea about how many concurrent targets a Tico can deal with - let alone a NETFORCEd strike force.

It's why the rest if the inference lacks so much credibility as it shows they know nothing of how a CSF response system works.

100's?? :D: :D: :D: Good grief, they must have a 14 year old analyst if thats what they think.