Real or Scifi Aviation site

EnigmaNZ

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is this for real or a well constructed work of fiction. [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.stavatti.com/index.html
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Stavatti is about new breeds of private aerospace vehicles. Stavatti creates superior weapons for free, sovereign people. Stavatti began as an aircraft manufacturer whose core competency rested with advanced fighter and special applications aircraft production. Today, Stavatti concentrates not only upon manned, fixed wing aircraft, but an array of aerospace vehicles and armament systems. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An Aerospace Defense Prime Contractor, Stavatti is engaged in the design, qualification, production, distribution, service and total system support of new and original: fighters, sportplanes, tactical and strategic reconnaissance platforms, high performance corporate transports, heavy-lift theater transports, bombers, strike aircraft, launch vehicles and additional advanced aerospace vehicles. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stavatti was established in 1994 to produce products for talented pilots and warfighters. Applying a commercial approach to the business of aerospace defense, Stavatti combines lean aerospace practices with Skunk Works® style management techniques to return profitability to civil and military aerospace production. In so doing, Stavatti delivers products which are not only refined, sophisticated and capable, but within the means of their customers. Creating products to expand horizons and defend democracies, Stavatti is the solution in an age of defense consolidation and exceedingly costly new military aircraft programs [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Offering unique solutions for generals and sport pilots alike, Stavatti is completing the development of three core unclassified products: the F-26 STALMAâ„¢ Multi-Role Fighter, the SM-27 MACHETEâ„¢ COIN Platform and the SM-26 SLEEKâ„¢ High Performance Sportplane. Initially concentrating upon three different products for clearly distinct markets, Stavatti has initiated the design of numerous additional aerospace vehicles which address the future needs of both military and general aviation. Consequently, Stavatti not only meets the rising need for affordable military aircraft, but remains profitable in a peacetime economy."[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
And another page.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.stavatti.com/tactical.html
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'Virtually every tactical air warfare system requirement will be satisfied by a Stavatti product. Addressing the needs of specific customers including the USAF, ANG, USN, USMC as well as the air forces and naval air arms of U.S. Allied and NATO member nations worldwide, Stavatti will serve as one of the top three global producers of tactical aircraft by 2020. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stavatti Tactical Air Warfare Systems is a Sector Enterprise of the Military Aerospace Division of Stavatti Heavy Industries, Ltd. Stavatti Tactical Air Warfare Systems is currently engaged in the production and/or development of a number of tactical aircraft. A summary of selected current Stavatti tactical aircraft is provided' [/font]
And from the contact page.

http://www.stavatti.com/contact.html

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"In February 2005 Stavatti Heavy Industries, Ltd. (SHI) was established with Headquarters and Registered office in Kihei, Hawaii on the island of Maui. [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Guests of SHI headquarters are encouraged to arrive directly at the OGG airport."[/font]

And in the US

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]"Stavatti's Minnesota facility is located at the Northeast Corner of the Fleming Field-South St. Paul Municipal Airport (SGS). [/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Between 1997 and 2000, this facility served as the management headquarters of STAVATTI TACTICAL AIR WARFARE & GENERAL AVIATION SYSTEMS. The site is currently the Registered Office for Stavatti Corporation (DBA STAVATTI LEGACY) and is home to Stavatti Armament Systems, Stavatti USML 1-3/Retail Firearms, and serves as an engineering-design center in support of a variety of tactical, strategic, private and commercial aerospace programs as well as missile systems activities.[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Visiting parties are strongly encouraged to visit Stavatti SGS by air, flying directly to SGS via an aircraft capable of operating from fields of 4,000 ft. Arriving aircraft are encouraged to park on the easterly ramp. Stavatti SGS is north of the blue Wipaire hanger."[/font]

[/font]

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
It's a well crafted piece of fiction. It was doing the rounds of the russian and chinese sites last year as well.

nice work - but its a dud job.

P.A.F

F-26 Stalma

I have never seen such a beautiful design. this plane rocks!!!

http://www.stavatti.com/f26/gallery/STALMA_INDIA_6.jpg
http://www.stavatti.com/f26/pix/F-26_STALMA_IAF_3.jpg
http://www.stavatti.com/f26/gallery/STALMA_TAIWAN_1.jpg
http://www.stavatti.com/f26/gallery/STALMA_INDIA_1.jpg
http://www.stavatti.com/f26/gallery/STALMA_INDIA_2.jpg
http://www.stavatti.com/f26/gallery/STALMA_JASDF_1.jpg
http://www.stavatti.com/f26/gallery/STALMA_TAIWAN_2.jpg
http://www.stavatti.com/f26/gallery/STALMA_TAIWAN_3.jpg
Overview:
The F-26 STALMA (Short Takeoff Advanced Light Multi-role Aircraft) is an advanced, sixth generation multi-role fighter suitable for Direct Commercial Sales to US and NATO/allies. Designed to replace F-16C and F/A-18C/E combat aircraft in US and NATO air arms, the F-26 is a single seat, single engine, high performance weapon system incorporating variable geometry, supercruise, pitch/yaw thrust vectoring, integrated avionics, enhanced agility and low observability characteristics. Conceived for maximum performance and combat capability, the F-26 is designed for all-weather, supersonic operation at both low and high altitudes. Optimized for air-to-air interception, combat air patrol, air dominance, close-in air-to-air engagements ('dogfight'), carrier air defense, anti-shipping strike, wild weasel/anti-radiation strike, all weather precision attack, interdiction, battlefield close air support, suppression of enemy air defenses, tactical reconnaissance, conventional bombing and tactical nuclear penetration, the F-26 STALMA will counter threats to US and NATO allied air superiority.

Specs:
MODEL: F-26S STALMA of Block 10/LRIP Configuration
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TYPE: Single Seat Multi-Role Fighter [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]POWERPLANT: [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](1) P&W F119-PW-100 Augmented Turbofan /or/
(1) P&W F135 Augmented Turbofan
[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]/or/
(1) GEAE F136 Augmented Turbofan
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SEA LEVEL THRUST: 35,000-40,000 lbs (Augmented); 25,000-30,000 lbs (Military)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ACCOMMODATION: Single Pilot on Martin Baker MK16A Zero-Zero Ejection Seat[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM: Lockheed Martin Flight Control Systems Power-By-Wire or Stavatti Proprietary PBW with FORTH & Zhegalkin Logic[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RADAR: Raytheon Systems Company AN/APG-79 With AESA[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ELECTRONIC WARFARE SUITE: [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ALR-67(V)3 Countermeasures Receiving Set
AN/ALQ-135 Internal Countermeasures Set
AN/ALE-47 Dispenser
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PRIMARY AVIONICS & DISPLAYS:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ericsson EP-17 HUD
(2) 9.5-in x 10.5-in Active Matrix Color LCD
(1) 6-in x 6-in Active Matrix Color LCD
(1) 6-in x 8-in Active Matrix Color LCD
Litton LN-100G GPS/INS
Collins AN/ARC-210(V)
BAE AN/APX-133 IFF
Collins AN/ARN-153 TACAN
Raytheon KY-58 SVS
Honeywell HG9550 RA
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FIXED INTERNAL ARMAMENT: (1) M61A2 20mm Vulcan Cannon with 1,000 rounds [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INTERNAL WEAPONS BAYS: (2) Internal Weapons Bays For Carriage of up to 2,000 lbs of Compact Stores including 250 lb Small Diameter Bombs (SDBs) and the Stavatti CGM-4 Compact Short-Range AAM[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EXTERNAL ARMAMENT: (13) External Hardpoints for over 25,000 lbs Stores/Ordinance Using NATO Standard Lug Suspension[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MAXIMUM LEVEL SPEED @ 40,000 ft:
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MAXIMUM LEVEL SPEED @ SL:
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RECOMMENDED CRUISE @ 35,000 ft:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]STALL SPEED-Full Flaps:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]APPROACH SPEED-Full Flaps:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MAXIMUM RATE OF CLIMB @ SL:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SERVICE CEILING:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COMBAT RADIUS:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COMBAT RADIUS With External Tanks:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FERRY RANGE:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FERRY RANGE With External Tanks: [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TAKEOFF DISTANCE:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LANDING DISTANCE: [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WING LOADING- 5° LE Sweep[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WING LOADING-70° LE Sweep [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MAXIMUM WING LOADING: [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THRUST-TO-WEIGHT RATIO:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MINIMUM THRUST-TO-WEIGHT RATIO:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2.4+ MACH (Augmented)
1.8+ MACH (Military)
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.4+ MACH (Augmented)
1.1+ MACH (Military)
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.9 MACH/520 kts[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]81 kts[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]100 kts[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exceeds 75,000 ft/min[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exceeds 75,000 ft[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exceeds 650 nm[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exceeds 850 nm[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exceeds 1,200 nm[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exceeds 2,800 nm[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Under 400 ft[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Under 750 ft [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]62 lbs/sq ft
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]97 lbs/sq ft[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]135 lbs/sq ft[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1.4 to 1[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.64 to 1 [/font]

EnigmaNZ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dam, and I just finished convincing our Minister of Defence to include it in the next budget round. I fell in love with it as well when I first ran into it last year, I wonder if it is designed to elicit a "wow I can't shoot such a thing of beauty" even as it's own AAM are heading your way hehe.

EnigmaNZ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ILIAD said:
Stavatti were also associated with a laser rifle as I recall.
Ah, I remember that.

"DefRev has obtained the original "white paper" proposal that was submitted to the U.S. Army for the Stavatti TIS-1 (Tactical Infantry System-1) Gasdynamic Laser Weapon. The TIS-1 is a laser rifle that utilizes a hypersonic jet of gas to create photonic energy in the form a very powerful laser. Thus the term "gasdynamic". The Stavatti TIS-1 was submitted as a possible technology for the U.S. Army's LFLAN requirement. "LFLAN" stands for "Light Fighter Lethality After Next". LFLAN involves small arms technology proposals that would not be implemented until 15-25 years down the road. In other words, truly futuristic technology."

http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=304
http://www.defensereview.com/352003/TIS1.pdf

"LASER RIFLE" DESIGN A HOAX

It's the kind of proposal that makes sci-fi dorks (including this one) quiver with anticipation: a 1999 design, found by DefenseReview, for a real-life laser rifle.

So when I read about the far-out sounding "Gasdynamic Laser Weapon" on Slashdot, I fell for it.

Without reading too carefully, I bought the gobbledygook about the Stavatti Corporation using streams of carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and helium gases to help generate pulses of laser light. And I swallowed when I called the company, and was told the president was out of town, looking for government funding.

But Defense Tech's readers are smarter than its editor, and they immediately called bullshit.

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/000009.html

Ah well, then I guess the designs here are bogus as well, hehe, the old saying comes to mind. "If it seems to good to be true, then it probably isn't"

http://www.stavatti.com/diversified/firearms.html

Wooki

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
It's a well crafted piece of fiction. It was doing the rounds of the russian and chinese sites last year as well.

nice work - but its a dud job.
Normally I would PM but seeing as it seems to be out there already, just FYI GF

Found this quote on the net and the links check out

"...

Chris Beskar is a respected member of the aviation community and serves on technical committees for the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (http://www.aiaa.org/content.cfm?pageid=234&id=75).

He also manages the annual national design competition that is held each year (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - Design Competition Guidelines).

His work gained national prominence recently when his Machete design was highlighted in a Rand Report which was a study on counterinsurgency aircraft for the Air Force (Aviation Week 14 August 2006).

History is full of scientists and engineers that were called crack-pots during their time, and were reported as visionaries by later generations. I for one, am going to join some of the others out there who are keeping an eye on this high-tech visionary.

..."

I did a bit more sniffing around (4 years) and found out from different sources that he was rubbing shoulders with C. Johnson before he died in 1990. That gave me pause...As you know, old men tend to mentor new talent.

So, not fiction. Poorly delivered message, yes. But definitely a serious pre-start up venture. i.e. Not a Kopp and Goon show.

Beskar seems to be acquiring more discipline from the "idea a minute" rabbit that you could have accused him of being 10 years ago.

cheers

W

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
So, not fiction. Poorly delivered message, yes. But definitely a serious pre-start up venture. i.e. Not a Kopp and Goon show.

Beskar seems to be acquiring more discipline from the "idea a minute" rabbit that you could have accused him of being 10 years ago.

cheers

W
geez mate, must be one of the longest updates in history. :)

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Dam, and I just finished convincing our Minister of Defence to include it in the next budget round. I fell in love with it as well when I first ran into it last year, I wonder if it is designed to elicit a "wow I can't shoot such a thing of beauty" even as it's own AAM are heading your way hehe.
Geez mate did you get him to actually make a decision? I see he was telling different story to the PM on tonights news. Suppose he's not concerned anymore as he retires in less than 8 weeks with all his perks and payouts.

Wooki

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
geez mate, must be one of the longest updates in history. :)
Yeh,

I know, but just one of those cases where if you wait long enough, the pieces just fall into place. It's not as if I was spending huge resources to investigate. lol.

cheers

w

p.s. Tell you what though, OT but little surprised at Coors' Acquisition of BAE Advanced Materials