I'd like to join the ADF

Holtey

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, I thought it'd be a good place to talk about stuff and ask questions :)

For a while now I've been thinking about joining the Aussie Army when I finish year 12 (I'm in year 10 now). I went to the ADF website and looked around and I'm interested in going to the Royal Military College to become a full time infantry officer. It's great because you don't have to pay anything, I guess it's your commitment to the army that pays for it, and after the 18 months training you graduate as a lieutenant in an army corps that you wish.

So i was wondering can anyone here who is in the Aust Army give me some pointers or tips on what else there might be or what you joined up as? I'd like to be an officer but I'm still not really sure on what Corps to go in. Thanks heaps:D

abramsteve

G'day!

I was in your position just a few years ago, except I wanted to join the airforce! Anyways you really should get in contact with Defence recruiting, I found it easier to talk to someone rather than try to figure out the website. They will talk you through your options and give you a better idea of what you can do. They are really helpfull and will give you any information you want!

I know you said you wanted to join the Army, but have you thought about the Academy? Also, like me, they will sponsor you through Uni as well if thats somthing you wouldnt mind doing.

The best thing you can do though is to get in touch with a recruiting office!:)

shrub

he could go through the academy but it is much harder to get in and takes far longer + you still have to go to duntroon for 18 months anyway
when i was in year 10 i got in touch with a WO1 in charge of recruiting for my area and he helped me alot in deciding wat i was going to do