Best Leo 2 version? Leopardo 2E

Jhom

The Leopardo 2E (E stands for España, Spanish for Spain) is a variant of the German Leopard 2 main battle tank, tailored to the requirements of the Spanish Army, 219 Leopardo 2Es have been delivered to the Spanish Army.It has thicker armor on the turret and glacis plate than the German Leopard 2A6, and uses a Spanish-designed tank command and control system, similar to the one fitted in German Leopard 2s.

Spain's Leopard 2E is based on the Leopard 2A6, and incorporates the add-on wedge armor of the Leopard 2A5 on the turret. This armor maximizes the armor depth that a kinetic energy penetrator must travel through to enter the internal volume of the turret. Like the Swedish Leopard 2S (Strv 122), the Leopard 2E has increased armor thickness on the hull's glacis plate, the turret frontal arc and the turret roof, bringing the vehicle's weight close to 63 tonnes.

The vehicle's protection is augmented by the added armor that is built into the tank during the manufacturing process, as opposed to being added on after assembly as is the case for German Leopard 2A5s and 2A6s. As a consequence, the Leopard 2E is one of the best protected Leopard 2s in service.

Other differences between the Spanish Leopard 2E and other Leopard 2A6s include an auxiliary power unit, manufactured by SAPA, an air conditioning system and new rubber pads for the vehicle's tracks to increase their lifespan on the irregular Spanish terrain. About 60% of each Leopard 2E was manufactured in Spain.

-Weight: 63 t (69.45 tons)
-Gun: Rheinmetall 120 mm L/55 smoothbore (4.72 in)
-Ammunition: 42 rounds
-Road range: 500 km (311 miles)
-Engine output: 1,500 PS (1,479 hp, 1,103 kW)
-Maximum speed: 68 km/h (42.25 mph)

Sources:
Spanish Defence officail web
Wikipedia has an excellent article about Leopardo 2E in english
I work in Santa Barbara Sistemas, manufacter of the Leopardo 2E.

This is my first post, but i´ve been reading from this forum since it was openned and i reallized that barelly nothing has been said about this excellent tank so far, so please reply !