Need help about Gripen airfoils!!!!

#Leo#

Hy there, I'm a aerospace student from Croatia, and I just can't find information that I need anywhere on the internet!!
I'm looking for some info about JAS 39 Gripen, to be more precise, need a geometry info on a canards and wing, what type of a airfoil did SAAB use on canards and on the main wing section???? NACA airfoil?...what kind, anyone?
This is a major problem for me, cause I that info is of a big value to me, I must find it...
Some charts of schemes with dimensions of entire aircraft would also be of big help...thank you,
keeping my fingers crossed, Leo.

#Leo#

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I did that, but their response was to check it out in a book you can bay in Amazon book store on the net, but I don't have the time and money to give just for that information....here is a copy of their mail :

"Dear Leo,

Many thanks for your question.

The Gripen single seat fighter is 14.1m in length and has a wing span of 8.4m. The two seat variant is 14.8m in length and has the same wing and canard size as the single seat variant. The fighter has a Delta canard planform and the Max Take Off Weight is 14 tonnes for both single and two seat aircraft.

We can confirm that approximately, the canards are 3m2 in area and represents 10% of the total wing area which is approximately 30 m2. Unfortunately, we can not supply you with specific details of the aerofoil design but the following book, freely available in the public domain, may be of assistance to you in your endeavours/ investigations about Gripen:

Saab Gripen: Sweden's 21st Century Multi-role Aircraft (Aerofax) (Paperback)
by Gerard Keijsper (Author)

(I can't post URL's because I don't have 15 posts...)

# Paperback: 176 pages
# Publisher: Midland Publishing (19 Dec 2003)
# Language English
# ISBN-10: 1857801377
# ISBN-13: 978-1857801378
# Product Dimensions: 27.8 x 21.2 x 1 cm

We hope that this response answers your question and we'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in the Gripen.

kind regards,

Chris"

I'm getting desperate, don't know what to do, just can't find Gripen wing and canard aifroil ANYWHERE....so please help me, or direct me to a swedish military or aicraft forum....help!

#Leo#

2Ryttare> for your info, I live in Zagreb, the capital of Croatia :rolleyes:
P.S. I tried libraries, and I surfed the net, including the sites you give me....I you red my goals, than u see that the sites you give a link to do not even come close to what I'm asking for....
Most important thing is the airfoil on wing and canards
Second important is the geometry of wing and canards.

P.S.S.>Help still needed:)...:(

emanuelleuk

Info Gripen;

P.S. I tried libraries, and I surfed the net, including the sites you give me....I you red my goals, than u see that the sites you give a link to do not even come close to what I'm asking for....

HI ALL; if you write application form, to web-site saab-defense branch, saab send to you :book,dvd,and any info , not only gripen and history, but for any equipment used to sweden army;i search now for you; i have book from saab;all free!see a later.sincerely.

emanuelleuk

...faq ...gripen.......

HI;at the moment i search in home the book ,you watch WIKIPEDIA.ORG;see you soon.

#Leo#

2emanuelleuk>keepin' my fingers crossed for you to find that book,let me know ASAP, thanks!