FX impact on the MMRCA?

Crusader2000

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
NO.
Of one simple reason. India and Brasil are two different countries with different. agenda and politics.

Well, India and Russia are two very different countries with different Agendas and Politics.

Sorry, your logics escapes me...........:confused:

zeven

Well, India and Russia are two very different countries with different Agendas and Politics.

OK what possible gain can India have of the outcome from FX?
India and brasil. i can't see the logic in your question.

India only cares for its own agenda. and which platform that suits their needs best, Brasils needs and Indias is not the same.

its like you want to buy the same car as your neighbour only because he bought one.

Crusader2000

Banned Member
OK what possible gain can India have of the outcome from FX?
India and brasil. i can't see the logic in your question.

India only cares for its own agenda. and which platform that suits their needs best, Brasils needs and Indias is not the same.

its like you want to buy the same car as your neighbour only because he bought one.

Increasing numbers always helps to drive down costs. Plus, more partners can jointly fund future upgrades, and lower the cost of ownership.

Let's not forget the Gripen NG and Rafale have yet to win any export orders. The Super Hornet on the otherhand has only won one small order for just 24 F/A-18F's. (i.e. RAAF)

Last edited:

zeven

Increasing numbers always helps to drive down costs. Plus, more partners can jointly fund future upgrades, and lower the cost of ownership.

Let's not forget the Gripen NG and Rafale have yet to win and export order. The Super Hornet on the otherhand has only won one small order for just 24 F/A-18F's. (i.e. RAAF)
In Gripens case will NG users be part of the same upgrading path as the C/D users. So it really does not matter how many NG users there will be. In Indias case i have not seen any indication that lack of other users would be problematic.

Crusader2000

Banned Member
In Gripens case will NG users be part of the same upgrading path as the C/D users. So it really does not matter how many NG users there will be. In Indias case i have not seen any indication that lack of other users would be problematic.

So, your saying it doesn't matter the numbers of aircraft sold or number of users???:confused:

Crusader2000

Banned Member
No i did not say that, i believe the lack of export success is the biggest disadvantages for Rafale. oh BTW Dassault do have one customer..

So, the Winner of the FX Contest could have an impact on the MMRCA Process?

BTW I said the Rafale had no export orders. Sorry, the French Air Force and Navy don't count.

Crusader2000

Banned Member
I dont think FX will have anything to say about the choice India make.

You seem to be missing the point???

Brazil would not be directly involved in the selection of India's MMRCA. Yet, the winner of the FX could make for a more tempting offer.:tasty

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The degree to which it would make a difference would be very minor. Which is why it would not be likely to turn up as a factor in the decision making process on the Indian side.

Salty Dog

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
This works when there is a mass order such as several countries placing their orders at the very same time. This is not the case for F-X2 and MRCA where the dynamics of ad-hoc sales are different since these orders will enter the system at different times, numbers may change, and order dates may be delayed (the original F-X program started in 1996). Thrown into this is yet to be resolved "local" assembly and manufacturing which can actually drive the cost up. So, in the case of F-X2 and MRCA, cost scaling is a moot point.

swerve

Super Moderator
So, your saying it doesn't matter the numbers of aircraft sold or number of users???:confused:
No, he's saying that Gripen C/D users & numbers sold count as part of the same tally as NG users & numbers.

You seem to be missing the point???

Brazil would not be directly involved in the selection of India's MMRCA. Yet, the winner of the FX could make for a more tempting offer.:tasty
No, you are missing the point. See Salty Dogs post for an explanation of why.

Then you must be very stupid, as well as incapable of spelling, punctuating, or writing coherently. Russia & India have a long history of co-operation. India has been buying, modifying, & building under licence Russian weapons for 50 years. There is no such (or any significant) relationship between India & Brazil. They are not comparable in the slightest degree.

JackMS

Jane's:

Super Hornet favourite in Indian and Brazilian tenders

By Reuben F Johnson
30 October 2009

The Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet is well placed to fulfil both the Indian and Brazilian fighter requirements, the company and its industry partners said on 28 October.

Boeing and its Team Super Hornet partners – Raytheon and General Electric (GE) – presented a broad-ranging review of the F/A-18E/F's position in both the Indian Air Force's (IAF's) Medium-Multirole Combat Aircraft (MMRCA) programme for 163 aircraft plus 63 options and the Brazilian Air Force's F-X2 tender for the first 36 of what is projected to be a total of 120 fighters.

Boeing stated that two major factors make the Super Hornet competitive in both markets: the first one being that the economies of scale that result from both the aircraft and its major subsystems are still hot (active) production lines and hence have steadily reduced the unit cost of the aircraft; the other is that the modular nature of the aircraft's sensors and propulsion system permit technology insertion that dramatically increases performance at minimal expense.

"The history of the F/A-18E/F's development has now seen a negative slope in terms of cost and a positive slope in terms of capability. For this reason we feel for the first time we are competing on even terms with the [Lockheed Martin] F-16 in terms of price," stated Boeing Military Aircraft IDS President Chris Chadwick.

Raytheon representatives, who also briefed during the New Delhi conference, emphasised that "Raytheon provided the first AESA [active electronically scanned array] radar sets to both the USAF [US Air Force] and USN [US Navy]", and that the company continues to leverage technological improvements across its product lines in improving the Super Hornet's AN/APG-79 radar.

263 of 509 words
Copyright © IHS (Global) Limited, 2009

Crusader2000

Banned Member

In the case of cost vs capability. I think its going to be hard to beat the Super Hornet in both contests. Yet, how is the Brazilian President going to explain the loss of the Rafale. If, in fact the Super Hornet would wins???

Crusader2000

Banned Member
Clearly, every member in the MMRCA believe they have the best contender.............Its just my personal opinion the Super Hornet has made the best case.

zeven

Clearly, every member in the MMRCA believe they have the best contender.............Its just my personal opinion the Super Hornet has made the best case.
Those opinions of yours have been wrong quite often lately. you nor I can really tell which offfer is the best, because neither of us have all the specifics about the requriements or offers

Crusader2000

Banned Member
Those opinions of yours have been wrong quite often lately. you nor I can really tell which offfer is the best, because neither of us have all the specifics about the requriements or offers

That is your opinion :roll2

Personally, I find it hard to believe that you never express an opinion. Without knowing all the specifics. I was of course just talking in general terms. Clearly, the Super Hornet is by far the most mature of the contenders by far. While, still offering State of the Art Technology. (i.e. APG-79, HMD, AIM-9X, AIM-120's, JDAMs, SDB's, etc. etc.) Its also reasonably price and has low cost of ownership. All back by the American Military Complex and is in use by the USN in great numbers. Which, will fund many upgrades for decades to come.