Eurofighters go on show

P.A.F

The RAF has shown off its new fighter plane.

The Eurofighter Typhoon gave a fly-past at BAE Systems in Warton, Lancashire.

Two of the planes had returned from a sales campaign in Singapore, where the country's air force is considering buying the aircraft.

The Eurofighter has been developed by a consortium of companies in the UK, Germany, Spain and Italy.

It is competing against two rival projects, the US-made Joint Strike Fighter and the French Rafael.

Air Chief Marshal Sir Brian Burridge, Commander in Chief Strike Command, said: "I cannot understate the challenge of taking a complex plane like Typhoon half way round the world at such an early stage of its life.

"One of the planes had only 12 hours on the clock from being off the production line."

He added: "We have been operating Typhoon for six months. It has greatly exceeded our expectations. I have never experienced an aircraft as reliable as this one at this stage in its life."

Eight aircraft have been delivered to the RAF and another 47 will follow by the end of the year.

The planes, which cost about £30m each, are capable of operating in both an air defence and ground attack role, unlike the Tornado and Jaguar aircraft they are replacing.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-13186483,00.html

looks like all the problems have been solved. they showed the eurofighter fly on sky news and it looks tip top to me. singapore are intrested in them. maybe pakistan didn't get the gripens because of these. what amazes me is that this bird flew half way around the earth and back at such a early stage in it's development. :)

adsH

i knew they would bring down the price per-unit 60 mill a unit is not bad for the capability and economics it brings to an air-force.

P.A.F

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
they probably will thats why they didn't go for the gripens. thats my theory anyway. :D: