Would Pakistan assist Syria & Iran if an attack occurs

Would Pakistan make use of itself and assist Syria & Iran if they are attacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ever4244

I fall to see why they would assist Iran. they may just give some condemnation in UN and give asylum to some Iran leader. The nation is not so extreme with religion and it s president is even more moderate.

Izzy1

Banned Member
If Israel did attack Iran, then the US would also call neutral, as helping the "Zionist dogs" would not go well with the Saudis, Egyptians, Syrians, Iraqis, and about another 20 or so Middle Eastern Countries.
As I have said before, the last thing Saudi, Egypt or any of the Gulf states want is a nuclear armed Shia-Iran gaining hegemony in the region. It is certain that Riyadh for one would turn a blind eye to any Israeli/US action, indeed it would not be first time Israeli strike aircraft have used Saudi airspace to carry out such an attack (Osirak).

As I have said before, the last thing Saudi, Egypt or any of the Gulf states want is a nuclear armed Shia-Iran gaining hegemony in the region. It is certain that Riyadh for one would turn a blind eye to any Israeli/US action, indeed it would not be first time Israeli strike aircraft have used Saudi airspace to carry out such an attack (Osirak).
i find that hard to believe since it has been reported that the saudis help financed iraq's nuclear program.

swerve

Super Moderator
i find that hard to believe since it has been reported that the saudis help financed iraq's nuclear program.
I have no real knowledge of this, but it seems improbable. The Iraqi nuclear programme started when Iraq was awash with oil money, & didn't need financial help. It was before the Iran-Iraq war. Iraq was then a secular Arab nationalist state, committed (in theory) to the overthrow of the remaining Arab monarchies - especially Kuwait & Saudi Arabia - and the establishment of a secular united Arab republic. I've never heard of Saudi money for Iraq until it started losing the war, the oil price had fallen & the huge expense of the war was crippling Iraq, & the Saudis got scared of an Iranian victory.

arunjsamuel

pakistan wont be supporting iran...and if the US attacks pakistan it would be leading to another major war like the world war...because china and india will start involving and it can spread to a greater area...and i think america wouldnt be doin that....america is concentrating on middle east only and ie for oil only....pakistan doesnt have any oil..so they arent bothered about them...what do u all say???

USNavySEAL3310

pakistan wont be supporting iran...and if the US attacks pakistan it would be leading to another major war like the world war...because china and india will start involving and it can spread to a greater area...and i think america wouldnt be doin that....america is concentrating on middle east only and ie for oil only....pakistan doesnt have any oil..so they arent bothered about them...what do u all say???
True. To expand the topic of a greater war errupting, it's quite possible. Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and other not-so-friendly arabic states wouldn't just idly sit, as soemone said earlier, while a war erupted around them between U.S. and allies and Hussein/Al-Qaeda loyalists. It may not grow to a world conflict but will definitely grow to a regional one.

I have no real knowledge of this, but it seems improbable. The Iraqi nuclear programme started when Iraq was awash with oil money, & didn't need financial help. It was before the Iran-Iraq war. Iraq was then a secular Arab nationalist state, committed (in theory) to the overthrow of the remaining Arab monarchies - especially Kuwait & Saudi Arabia - and the establishment of a secular united Arab republic. I've never heard of Saudi money for Iraq until it started losing the war, the oil price had fallen & the huge expense of the war was crippling Iraq, & the Saudis got scared of an Iranian victory.

Mohammed Khilewi, first secretary at the Saudi mission to the United Nations until July 1994, said that the Saudis have sought a bomb since 1975. According to Khilewi, the Saudis sought to buy nuclear reactors from China, supported Pakistan's nuclear program, and contributed $5 billion to Iraq's nuclear weapons program between 1985 and 1990.
link

i realize the help came after the actual strike on Osirak but its still unconceivable that they would turn a blind eye/let isreal use their airspace to hit Osirak.

swerve

Super Moderator
link

i realize the help came after the actual strike on Osirak but its still unconceivable that they would turn a blind eye/let isreal use their airspace to hit Osirak.
It is a fact that the Israeli raid did use Saudi airspace. Nobody has ever suggested any Saudi prior knowledge, and I'm sure there was none. The Israelis tried to avoid detection on the way to Osirak, & AFAIK (but remember, I only know what's public) were successful, but after raid, the Saudis must have had a good idea of their likely route home, & made no attempt to intercept them. Perhaps just prudence (though the Israelis had no spare fuel for air combat). Perhaps incompetence. Perhaps they weren't greatly upset.

It is a fact that the Israeli raid did use Saudi airspace. Nobody has ever suggested any Saudi prior knowledge, and I'm sure there was none. The Israelis tried to avoid detection on the way to Osirak, & AFAIK (but remember, I only know what's public) were successful, but after raid, the Saudis must have had a good idea of their likely route home, & made no attempt to intercept them. Perhaps just prudence (though the Israelis had no spare fuel for air combat). Perhaps incompetence. Perhaps they weren't greatly upset.
i am aware that israelis use saudi airpace to bomb Osirak. i can't see the saudis turning a blind eye to their airspace being violated. they can't be sure that they are not part of the target list.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Does China and Pakistan have a defense agreement? what makes you think that India would help Pakistan.

Ibizan Hound

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well I know Syria will assist pakistan but Pakistan and the others are in question. Pakistan will be removed eventually so they would only be wise to help Iran and Syria out. Pakistan is said to be a large insurgent supporter near Afghanistan and their nuclear power is a threat in the U.S. eyes and Israel. Pakistan isn't an ally at all or even seen as one. They are merely being back-patted to sitdown until it's their time to get their cut of punishment. Pakistan is viewed as the most useless muslim nation with no natural resources and a huge radical islamice base. China may assist Iran but they will not assist Pakistan in a war. Pakistan is seen as too risky and weak to expend funds for. They aren't seen as being able to stand long against the United States OR India. The way I see it is they should side-up with Iran and Syria against the United States and Israel. When it's the United States, India versus Pakistan, Pakistan would have done too late realised they stand no chance against the regional giants and powers. If they ally against the West they would atleast be able to have enough power and potential allies for the 1 remaining threat. But we have to see how smart this Pervez
usharraf is.

mysterious

Well I know Syria will assist pakistan but Pakistan and the others are in question. Pakistan will be removed eventually so they would only be wise to help Iran and Syria out. Pakistan is said to be a large insurgent supporter near Afghanistan and their nuclear power is a threat in the U.S. eyes and Israel. Pakistan isn't an ally at all or even seen as one. They are merely being back-patted to sitdown until it's their time to get their cut of punishment. Pakistan is viewed as the most useless muslim nation with no natural resources and a huge radical islamice base. China may assist Iran but they will not assist Pakistan in a war. Pakistan is seen as too risky and weak to expend funds for. They aren't seen as being able to stand long against the United States OR India. The way I see it is they should side-up with Iran and Syria against the United States and Israel. When it's the United States, India versus Pakistan, Pakistan would have done too late realised they stand no chance against the regional giants and powers. If they ally against the West they would atleast be able to have enough power and potential allies for the 1 remaining threat. But we have to see how smart this Pervez
usharraf is.
Perhaps you'd like to read the news more often. I would've argued if you had shown 'some' knowledge of the geo-political situation out there but 'ignorance' is something that cannot be really argued up on.

For starters, China's alliance with Pakistan would be a good topic to research.

Cheers!

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
usharraf is.
I am truly amazed that some of you out there have this impression that we Americans are looking at totally destabilizing the Middle East and that we have this big hit list on who is gonna get it next, this just shows me that you do not understand my country. We are friends with Pakistan why would we want to attack them, There are a lot of countries that we do not see eye to eye with, but this doesn`t mean that we are going to attack them. If we do go into Iran because the world will not help prevent them from making nukes, them be prepared for us to handle it, we will not sit by and watch another country destroyed because a certain world leader doesn`t like a certain race of people. And you know what, no one is going to help Iran out.

ghanz

i think attackiing Pakistan will prove to be very risky. Pakistan has the nuclear bomb and will use it when options are running out, and going to war with Pakistan will mean, destablising the whole region

DragonKing786

usharraf is.

I can honestly say that ur very ignorant, u might want to read up on ur history in '65 and '71 China supplied alot of weapons to pakistan, read Chuck yeagers auto, u might learn somethings how america weapons (side-winders) were fited on Chinese planes in '71, etc. Most definetly China will support Pakistan by giving weapons. Also, pakistan has stood aganist India for 50 years, and continue to do so. ;) knowledge is a great thing, u might want to try it sometimes.

I usually don't post here but I read what others say, and I can say some people here made very good points with facts, etc. but u sir was very ignorant!

Anyway back to topic, pakistan will be a hard nail to crack it wouldn't be like Iraq, Iran or Syria. Those tribals make their own ammunitions, in their backyards, and pakistan has a capable defense industry to make weapons for a short amount of time. Other than that pakistan has a population of 165M a crowded country, and local resistant will be very tough, and also those armor vehicles like tanks and APCs willn't be able to enter every place, I know cause i'm pakistani, as i said some places are very tight, and mostly foot soldiers backed by helicopters would work, then u have alteast balistic missiles and cruise missiles to worry about aswell which can target military bases of allied forces in other countries, and a very capable navy for it's size to defend themselves for a short time, but it willn't have the capabilities to defend Iran or Syria if it got involved, unless pakistan will be looking to ignite a regional confilict, which will probably usher in a WW III, in the ME.

icelord

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
i wanna know where the idea of pakistan being useless and just waiting for a thumping is coming from?
Besides this being just pure ignorance on anyones part, its also plain wrong. The US has no need to, they have pakistans support in removing Al Qaeda from Afghanistan and Pakistan, with Pakistani troops in the north aiding US troops in afghanistan, and more then likely CIA teams on their side of the border. Usharraf is in the hardest Situation, the Radicals hate him, they have targetted him for assaisination numerous times, only his security detail has saved him. He doesn't take the same road to work everyday, and his guard details send decoys as well. The west sees him as what he is, a moderate in a world of radicals. He has to level a base between his people and those outside pakistan, keeping the Military in line is easy for him as he has their Respect, and in return they are well taken care of.
President Bush and much of the US congress ensure that they keep Usharraf on side, as if he went rogue, hell would break loose across Pakistan and the Asian Region, too attack him, would be worse.

arunjsamuel

Does China and Pakistan have a defense agreement? what makes you think that India would help Pakistan.
i think u didnt understand what i meant...pakistan and china have defence ties and they have good relationship with each other,china is pakistan's major supplier of weapons after america.in case of war with pakistan ie by USA...china will be supporting pakistan and india will be supporting the US..and it can lead to severe unstability in the region,so america wouldnt be doing a mistake by attacking pakistan...actually the Americans are eying IRAN is only for oil and that is the main reason why they attacked iraq also not because of any WMD...now u check all oil companies in iraq,it belongs to western industrial giants.Pakistan doesnt have any oil resources..so they arent bothered about them.
whats ur opinion guys???

.pt

My opinion is...Besides that question being very much political (not alowed in here), it ´s very simplistic to say that US invaded Iraq just for the oil, and that Iran is next, also because of oil..
If that is the case, how do you explain the NK thing? They don´t have oil, or valuable ores that i know of..in fact they´re a very poor country.China?
Let´s hear all those conspiracy theories..
.pt

icelord

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Its because he controls the worlds terrorists, didn't anyone see team america?

The NK is an age old problem, that the world continually misses, its not just up to america. The koreans might be better to deal with once Kim Jong Ill goes...away...
also, why does everyone go into the dooms day scenario when a battle involving the US erupts, even in hypothetical sense, just cause the Pakistanis get into a war, which no one has given a true reason for happening, with america, doesn't mean the Chinese will be involved, they are more aiming for Capatilism glory then military at present, as they believe the communist ideal about the worker over the soldier, but in unison for the people. this is about iran and Syria becoming involved, and by the posts here, it is safe to say, Iran and Syria, will not be involved overtly, but perhaps covertly.

Status
Not open for further replies.