Working in Saudi Arabia

Truculent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aviation company operating Hajj into Madina and Jeddah.General security info plus a view of life for a european in those cities is what I am after.

Titanium

Aviation company operating Hajj into Madina and Jeddah.General security info plus a view of life for a european in those cities is what I am after.
Operating Hajj????

Anyway Jeddah is very cospoloitan city and you would enjoy your stay in jeddah.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Whats the name of the company?

Hajj time is a very busy time, so most of the time your life would be a living hell. But u may enjoy that.

As for the cities ... Jeddah is metro (not as good as Dubai in terms of development & shopping but will do.)

Madinah ... best city in the world. Well developed in its own way, very religious, very spritual, very friendly. But unless you are a Muslim u can't enter the city.

& be careful, dnt bother the women.

Izzy1

Banned Member
Truc,

I've just PM'd.

I'm UK too, been here 3 years now.

You musn't be BAE with those deployments but that doesn't matter. Any issues or problems, please feel free to contact. Someone always knows someone out here.

On your PM I've sent you my email address.

Seriously, any problems don't worry, despite what the media and hype say - Saudi is a wonderful country.

Take it easy and Sallam Allay Ikum,

Izzy1

Aliph Ahmed

Banned Member
I may be doing some aviation contract work in Saudi Arabia this winter and would welcome any helpful info.
Never walk out of the house without Iqama. (Residency card equivalent)

Dont wear too western clothes or dont try to show off long hair if you have any. Religious Police called Mutawwa will try to say hi.

Other then that you'll be fine. Saudis in general are very nice people.