Update on Chinese Navy 2006

norinco89

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the yuan class has already finished sea trials i think. It had minor problems with its torpedo tube.(it leaked at high depths) That was a couple of years ago, so i am assuming that has been solved years ago. The yuan has the basic kilo shape with song class sails. It is said to be better than the improved kilos, china has brought. With AIP, anti ship missiles, and newest russian torpedos, it is a huge improvement to the song class they beeen producing 10 years ago.

Recently china has stopped producing song classes, it is a clear indication that they will begin production of yuan class subs.

They are currently upgrading all older song classes

contedicavour

norinco89 said:
I believe the shang class ssn are already in sea trials. correct me if i am wrong.
I've read about the Yuan's sea trials, but not about the new class of SSNs. I'll check as soon as the new Jane's arrives early July.
Even if the new SSNs were to arrive soon, they would still be modified Victor IIIs, '70s design. The latest Japanese subs are still vastly superior to these SSNs and have a lot of training against the Russian Victors and Akulas stationed in the Russian Pacific Fleet. :)

cheers