True Reasons Behind the Confrontations amid US and China

xudeen

I don't see why China cannot claim the Splatly Islands.

The Splatly Islands was recorded in ancient Chinese maps as the "Thousand Li Stretch of Sands" (千里長沙), and has been explored by Chinese as early as the Yuan Dynasty.

If other countries has any evidence to support their claim, let them contest as well, what's the problem here?

exported_kiwi

Real, the president you mention is the ex Prez of Taiwan, not the current one! Hope I don't get hauled of to the copshop for saying this, hehe!

furymonkey

people keep sayin Chinese government is corrupt how? Western media doesnt even mention Tawain government corruption, mean look at it the President of Tawain yes president is corupt and is going to jail. I mean the President corrupt is huge, his the guy running your whole area (not gonna say country cause i might spark some argument here). Yet no coverage on western media.
I don't know what western media your watching, but they do infact mentioned that Taiwan's ex-president is jailed for corruption charges. Just because they don't report those daily court room drama/events like Taiwan's and China's media, doesn't mean western media simply ignored. It's the same otherway around, Taiwan's and China's media will report those big news coming out from the west, but they won't follow up on those stories unless something big has surfaced. That been said, Chen Shui-bian are still in his trial and that is why you haven't seen any western media report about him recently. But I assure you it will be reported AGAIN, once his trial is finished.

I also doubt both Chinese GOVERNAMENT and Taiwanese GOVERNAMENT are corrupted, sure there might be some rotten eggs in it, but every country has them, althrough I heard that China's rural administration has a higher concentration of rotten eggs. :p

Last edited: