Siachen - The World´s Highest Battlefield

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysterious

insas556 said:
[
quote="mysterious"]We certainly have paid less than you. :smokingc:
we have not lost half of our country nor the best part of Kashmir nor siachen , wonder how the equation is being drawn.[/quote]

Bangladesh wasn't a result of differences on Kashmir (well atleast I'm glad it isnt a part of Pakistan anymore for various reasons). If Kargil reminds Indians of anything, it is that we can take your 'best' parts of Kashmir whenever we want (militarily as it happened during Kargil). You've lost thrice more soldiers on Siachen than us. You hafta pay for 700,000 paramilitaries deployed in Kashmir alone and the high cost of maintaining of Siachen contingent; not us. So for me, you've had to pay a higher price and you continue doing so.

insas556

[
quote][ Bangladesh wasn't a result of differences on Kashmir (well atleast I'm glad it isnt a part of Pakistan anymore for various reasons)
.[/quote]

Strange sentiments for what was once part of Pakistan.The reasons cited for not having bangladesh, often seem like the Guy who has just lost his leg is laughing, when asked why, he says, hey guys i only have to spend money on one shoe.

If Kargil reminds Indians of anything, it is that we can take your 'best' parts of Kashmir whenever we want (militarily as it happened during Kargil). You've lost thrice more soldiers on Siachen than us. You hafta pay for 700,000 paramilitaries deployed in Kashmir alone and the high cost of maintaining of Siachen contingent; not us. So for me, you've had to pay a higher price and you continue doing so.
[/quote]

With the way our economy is growing, expenditure every year becomes less of a problem.In any case looking down from Siachen and relaxing by the Dal is a priceless feeling :)

As for Kargil the only thing it reminds us is,

i) The Pakistan Army can only think Tactically.
ii) The Spat betweet the Political leadership and the Pakistan Army showed that while the Pakistan Army has to fight INDIA and the Indian Army has to only fight the Pakistan Army.

mysterious

Bangladesh scenrio is not like the one you described; its more like I'm ok with one leg cuz the other one had cancer and could've endangered my life (so I'm ok with its amputation). Economy doesn't justify the amount of human life you lose there and people in the government always point out that there is no need for military to be there at Siachen when it should be a non-militarized zone. As far as Kargil goes, your point number one is the one I talked about earlier and said, we only learnt sneak tactics from you. Secondly, at the time of Kargil, we had a traitor sitting in the political leadership which is not the case now; so the next time you come around, you'll be fighting not just the PA but Pakistan as a whole and cohesive unit. Anywayz, whether Pakistan Army was fighting India or Indian Army; still got their aims achieved. :smokingc:

insas556

nywayz, whether Pakistan Army was fighting India or Indian Army; still got their aims achieved. :smokingc:[/quote]

he lives lost are for the nation and it also in a large part which drives us on. It has been so for 20 odd years and we will go on as long as it takes.If you guys are more comfortable in your positions, good for you , and stay there.
Quite a few people including in Pakistan are still mystified as too what was achieved, if it was so why did the pakistani Army climb down? Mountain sickness, a sojourn up a mountain, a good Photo-op completed, the sound of music, why climb up , take position only to vacate it!

Any way , what we know is you guys are no longer up there and thats it.Its your Job to find silver lining in defeat, perhaps it was another operation due to medical reasons and poor Nawaz was amputated.Boy something is sure cariconegic, in the Pakaistan leadership. Yahya Khan, Bhutto, Zia Ul Haq , all casualties, amputees perhaps.

( BTW my compliments to a certain Ghost who seems to be nibbling up parts of my posts )
BTW if cancer is detected early and treated well its curable.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
insas, pleasure is all mine. We want to stay the course with the topic and not have to deal with unnecessary comments that are only meant to defame rather than represent a debatable point.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Web, it seems that myst did pass out the flam bait first, here it is.

The Indians were and always will be agressors using sneak attacks to acheice gains against their enemy. They cant succeed in a fair and frontal fight if history has taught us anything.
it's nothing against myst but I think we shouldn't just point at insas and let him take all the blame.

dabrownguy

:cry
I am for a withdrawl of Sachian. But I don't trust the present Pakistani government or army. Musharf has lied to the former Presidents face right? What will stop Pakistan from using Sachian as gate towards Kashimer as in the Kargil conflict with the emty winter bunkers?

insas556

Pathfinder-X said:
Web, it seems that myst did pass out the flam bait first, here it is.

The Indians were and always will be agressors using sneak attacks to acheice gains against their enemy. They cant succeed in a fair and frontal fight if history has taught us anything.
it's nothing against myst but I think we shouldn't just point at insas and let him take all the blame.
thanks, yeah the things which are said about India and let pass does get me worked up; will try to cool down if others do to.

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Took care of it Path, now lets move on.

Thats why REPORT THIS POST TO ADMIN link is there. Instead of replying to flame baits, let ME know. Please provide LINK to the EXACT post!

Exact link can be found between here :

Posted: [link] Thu Sep 23, 2004

Enjoy!

mysterious

insas556 said:
Any way , what we know is you guys are no longer up there and thats it.
I guess you missed the report by the Indian Army a couple of months back which said Pakistan never vacated 'two important' peaks after Kargil and are still under Pakistani control which the Indian forces were unable to take back. :smokingc:

india2020

Ever heard of google,go search for these peaks and ull know that they are on the pakistani side of the LOC and the Indian army has strict instructions not to cross the LOC.These peaks are and were always in pakistani control and were never taken from India. :cop

insas556

mysterious said:
insas556 said:
Any way , what we know is you guys are no longer up there and thats it.
I guess you missed the report by the Indian Army a couple of months back which said Pakistan never vacated 'two important' peaks after Kargil and are still under Pakistani control which the Indian forces were unable to take back. :smokingc:

I probably did, would be helpful to see them.
our guys seem to be placing it here:

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/06-07a-04.asp

mysterious

Looks like a poor escape goat to me! All the failures pointed at one person and he's out of the ball game. Funnily enough, the entire world marks Pakistani Kashmir as "Azad Kashmir" on their maps except India which keeps on whining about "Pak-Occupied Kashmir". :eek:nfloorl:

srirangan

Banned Member
Ahem, correction to a false claim. The entire world marks it as "Indian Administered Kashmir" and "Pak Administered Kashmir".

mysterious

CIA factbook, which keeps changing colors and stances corresponding to changes in US strategic interests and regional goals telling you how the US perceives the world map to be. Who ever said that CIA factbook represented the maps that the 'entire world' uses? :roll

srirangan

Banned Member
Yea ofcourse .. silly freemason jewish hindu CIA US Bush conspiracy isn't it? Tell me which is the source that the entire world uses? There ain't no single definitive source.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Re: Siachen - The World�s Highest Battlefield

CIA factbook, which keeps changing colors and stances corresponding to changes in US strategic interests and regional goals telling you how the US perceives the world map to be. Who ever said that CIA factbook represented the maps that the 'entire world' uses?
Funnily enough, it's good enough to be ordered in hard bound copies by powers such as the CIS and Mainland China.

I've seen a copy being lugged around by Chinese Embassy officials in a conference in Canberra.

If you've seen the hardbound copy, you will realise that it does not reflect a political point of view skewed to a particular philosophy - and considering the fact that common sources are provided by host governments and entities such as the UN - then it's a bit hard to see it as an extension of US political policy generation.

People often quote JDW in here when Janes has made some awful factual stuffups - and has done so ever since their first big pearler in 1911.

Status
Not open for further replies.