Saudi Air Force F-15S in Red Flag

simdude97

my ignorant stmt eh?
for your information,whilst red flag is about developing tactics its also about developing tactics to suit your particular aircraft and their weapons systems.as such it very does matter which aircraft you are utilising
So far you are correct.

and how it compares with others taking part.im very surprised that a member with such an obvious wealth of experience wouldnt be aware of that......(or you wee just a tad defensive)
WRONG. The aggressors will simulate whatever system is deemed most appropriate for the exercise. No two red flags are alike so you will not be able to apply any meaningful comparison from one to another. Hence the aggressor F-15s and F-16s will simulate one threat package for one exercise and another package for another. Obviously a more capable plane will be pitted against a more capable threat.

Contrary to what some may believe, Red Flag is not some disorganized series of ACM encounters the likes of which seem to be the fodder of Internet speculation on so many "enthusiast" web sites..

Sorry for the perceived lack of restraint. I don't usually respond to fanboyish statements like your and once again I am reminded why I don't make a habit of it.

fanboy or not you have no right to insult any member here. Please restraint from criticizing others. Personal attacks end up getting people banned in no time.

- SABRE

Last edited by a moderator:

jaffo4011

So far you are correct.

WRONG. The aggressors will simulate whatever system is deemed most appropriate for the exercise. No two red flags are alike so you will not be able to apply any meaningful comparison from one to another. Hence the aggressor F-15s and F-16s will simulate one threat package for one exercise and another package for another. Obviously a more capable plane will be pitted against a more capable threat.

Contrary to what some may believe, Red Flag is not some disorganized series of ACM encounters the likes of which seem to be the fodder of Internet speculation on so many "enthusiast" web sites..

Sorry for the perceived lack of restraint. I don't usually respond to fanboyish statements like your and once again I am reminded why I don't make a habit of it.
pretty much what i said then......glad you felt able to concur,very sporting of you.

also,gosh,thanks for labeling me a 'fan boy'.im 40 yrs old so i very much appreciate your complement.cheers

jaffo4011,champion and worshiper of the eurofighter and anything else that fanboys(thats me)feel the need to subscribe to.:eek:nfloorl:

jaff lets keep the sarcasm limited. You are way too grown up for that now. & next time try to inform/complain the mods about personal attacks rather than taking care of it yourself. It will end up in a big brawl.

- SABRE

simdude97

Here is the problem.

"Originally Posted by jaffo4011 View Post
and how it compares with others taking part."

That is just plain wrong. First you will never get any meaningful tactical information out of anyone at Red Flag. Second, different aircraft types participating in the exercise will have different "missions". So again the comparison is not valid and hence, ignorant.:shudder:shudder:shudder:shudder:shudder

Read above. & you are officially being warned.

- SABRE