Roussen class FAMC

orko_8

Dear Gerasimos,

Don't get me wrong, I'm not claimimng that Roussen class is not modern or uncapable. I was discussing the deployment of RAM on FAC's.

As you may know, Turkish Navy has an ongoing FAC project, Kilic II class, which is also a very modern platform with most sub systems identical or equivalent to Roussen class, and with some advantages and disadvantages.

By the way both countries have warship assembly (or let's say montage) industry, not construction in its full meaning. Constructing a warship requires concept and mission definition, designing, building and / or buying subsystems, integration, testing, classifying and serial production. Both countries have been assemblying warships, be them submarines, frigates or patrol craft, like assembling Lego parts together under the supervision of foreign engineers. Building the hull means nothing. Turkey has been trying to break the psychological barrier with MilGem corvette project, in which concept defined, missions identified, most subsystems such as sonar, combat management system, 3D radar, EO system designed and being built by Turkey. Though being not a FAC, MilGem surely is a "present"... :)

Regards