Reduction in Pakistan army and its effects.

adsH

mysterious said:
See, there you go again. Out of the blue, you suddenly start comparing Pakistan and India while trying to degrade Pakistan as much as you can. Grow up!
MYST i am sure Indian guy never meant any thing bad for Pak army all he was saying was that the Militia present in Pak Kashmir territory might not have that much of a bite!! :roll

amit21mech

Hey ADSH...I want ur comments on my last post. I would like to know that the steps IA took for pruning are applicable to PA or not And if yes to what extent?

Truth Seeker

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some interesting points have been raised, yes Pakistan is a smaller economy (and getting smaller (and we know why that is)) but my point was real term increase and % increase.

Are we saying that Pakistan has suddenly realised that it can be more efficient by having less troops, why hasnt India thought this!!!! or is this some new genius strategy that has come about and nobody has realised in the previous 50 years.

AQ Khan was removed but he was not on his own and therefore the people that were his associates are hardly still gonna be in place, they are hardly insignificant.

What people have to ask themselves the points i made would india do the same:

- have its military agenda be dictated to by foreign institutions
- rid its self of its top scientists
- want to deploy troops in iraq
- constantly reshuffle its military command

mysterious

Pakistan's economy is shrinking? Thats why it grew by 6% in real terms in the last quarter!?!?!? WOW!! You make me want to do my economics courses again if you are right. Its a good thing that Pakistan is reducing its 'batmen' and not active combatant troops by 50,000 souls and its a good thing that it has realized that its time to move on from old traditions of adhering to out-dated British military ways! Why would India take instructions from other? Its not a frontline state in the war on terrorism and stiffled by problems dating back the days of independance [Mod edit: No need to get personal] Only a two more scientists are under investigation and close watch along with Dr. Khan that doesnt make it appropriate to say, that Pakistan is riding itself of its top nuclear scientists! Hell, Mubarakmand is more of a nuclear scientist than Dr. Khan!! Pakistan to this day has remaind neutral on Iraq and it only releases such statements as 'thinking of sending troops to Iraq because of excessive US insistance' to make the Americans feel better a bit. You really think it will send its forces with them being under the UN flag & charter? Where is military command being reshuffled in Pakistan's armed forces? India is going through major doctrinal changes and stuff like that which is also a form of reshuffling. Such things are done keeping in mind changing circumstances and demands of varying time periods so its useless to pre-assume stuff over here. :cop

amit21mech

Indianguy said:
Well Mysti Pak economy is in really mess up , it is constaintly bailed out by US , if you see US is providing loans every year in one pretex to another in billions , espical teratmet given to Pak in imports by EU , all this is to bail out Pak eco. All this make the Pak economy to grow and if US and EU back off then PAk economy goes back to black hole.

Pak don;t have middile class tax payer people which is the strength of any economy .

World Bank put a condition on Pak , that Pak can;t increase it Militry budget if they wanted a billion doller loan .

The real reason is that for reducing the Army , While Pak army can't increase its budge and due to inflation they need more money and so to adjust themself in tight squeez of budget they have to cut cost.

They also cut cost by mordenizing inventory system etc, by cutting lavasing life living by high rank offers etc and also by not having dual on LOC .

Becasue somewhere i heard that one shell of 155mm artiliry come around 1 lac Rs. so saving 10 shells might build homes and schools to people.

If thier is peace on LOC then PAk army save mony in real terms.
And Indian Army is staging fake encounters on LoC. This is not the appropriate place but I can not resist remembering a old joke in which Indian and Pakistani soldiers were exchanging tanks at the border in order to satisfy their seniors to get leave.

On serious note Pakistan is doing the right thing but bit late. But again better late than never. Modernization is the main cause along with economical implications which is causing this reduction.

adsH

Indianguy said:
Well Mysti Pak economy is in really mess up , it is constaintly bailed out by US , if you see US is providing loans every year in one pretex to another in billions , espical teratmet given to Pak in imports by EU , all this is to bail out Pak eco. All this make the Pak economy to grow and if US and EU back off then PAk economy goes back to black hole.

Pak don;t have middile class tax payer people which is the strength of any economy .

World Bank put a condition on Pak , that Pak can;t increase it Militry budget if they wanted a billion doller loan .

The real reason is that for reducing the Army , While Pak army can't increase its budge and due to inflation they need more money and so to adjust themself in tight squeez of budget they have to cut cost.

They also cut cost by mordenizing inventory system etc, by cutting lavasing life living by high rank offers etc and also by not having dual on LOC .

Becasue somewhere i heard that one shell of 155mm artiliry come around 1 lac Rs. so saving 10 shells might build homes and schools to people.

If thier is peace on LOC then PAk army save mony in real terms.
Look mate I am British Granted i have Family from INdia and Pakistan!! But i do sometimes perfer Pakistan ALot!! But trust me when i say this rite now I am not Favoring either, Pak Economy which is Growing at around 6 percent with its 12+ % industrial sector growths shows its reforms!! and Any markect access assistance it is geting is becasue it has worked hard for its market no one will pay for Pakistani product if they were substandard think before you speak. IF the US shuts down Trade with INdia Tomorrow INdia's economy will take a bash too and would certainly come to a relative halt(being realistic and very not Offending). every country needs Buyers and sellers this is INternational cooperative market. About those loans !! Pak is securing cheap loans and large assistance grants from the US not the World bank Or IMF. they are paying back alot of there old loans. GDp is still higher i think then INdia mainly becasue of the size of the poulation but still Pakistan is a poverty stricken nation well so is iNdia apparently according to UN the stats were like this 200 million Impoverished people in india!! but this is a problem every nation has to deal!!. Now about Pakistan economy Crawling bank into a Dark "Black hole" (interesting choice of words that you chose to use) well i can only say only time can tell what happens next. but i have a good feeling that Pakistan will be the centre stage of the majority of all trade from the highly ritch Central ASian states who want to sell there oil to the US and US is eager for that source of Fuel. so its works out for all nations in that reagion.
Pak army is reduceing its size mainly to Reduce cost they are still a developing nation with socio economic hurdles and they agree to that, they say First stept to recovering from a problem is admitting you have a problem. The ARmy size has to come down. and i think 500 million active with 450 million reserves is a good size and they should focus on training an Better equiping soldiers with better armour and Litle Gadets that an all-rounded Modern soldiers has or should have. and now about middle class people paying taxes, well they are reforming the Identity and adressing system Allocating Computerized biometric ID cards which would i hope soon be hooked upto criminal and Health and Taxation's systems and them be hooked on to NAB systems the reforms should filter inn specially becasue pakistan knows what it is. its a small nation with a relatively mid sized population which need to be realitic it can't be a captilistic nation like China US and inidia it needs to be more like the UK Netherlands ETC more of a Wellfare state. :)

At the End All i want to say, thinking Logically is key to any civilized debate you need to calm down i display a tone that sets me apprt from you i may be inaccurate or incorrect in my posts but thats why all of us are here to correct misconceptions about other peoples point of view, while on the ohter had your attitude of not agreeing with anyone who does not play your tone of Music seems to be Immature and very disrespectful and disruptive!!

Being courteous to others feelings emotions and understanding cutural sensitivities and then approaching with a softer and more or less aggravating and les aggressive tone is the only way Cultural harmony can be achieved, with this in place pece can be achieved. i don't know how it is Back in INdia and Pakistan but here in the Uk we all live in harmony INdian and pakistani ethnic with all others here. infact my best friend is An indian and a Hindu but that never gets in the way of our friendship. sure we have tense times during cricket Matches but after a short lived cultural competitiveness we all go back to our normal selves. mainly because there is usually and England match which we need to support.

lamdacore

I agree with many points that ADSH has stated and i think most of the guys are just trying to find a flaw as to why pakistan decreased its numbers. It is logical to understand that these military personell reduced are non-combatants. The reason is that pakistan has a huge force of 500,000 soldiers because of India itself, so it wouldn't be intelligent to say that there is a reduction in soldiers. The money saved will probably go into training the soldiers since better equipment is needed for the pakistani soldiers if we just stick to the military domain. otherwise this money can contribute something to nation itself.

By the way the reduction in non-combatant staff should be done and never bought into practice. the soldier is to be fit for rough times. Giving comfort to a soldier is equivalent to spoiling him/her.