PJ10 BrahMos Missile

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
gf0012 said:
The US has respect for one missile, and it's not Moskit and it's not Yakhont/Brahmos.
The P-700 3M-45 "Granat" or using the NATO designation, SS-N-19 "Shipwreck" supersonic surface to surface missile. it has the range of 500km(some report say 650), carrys a 700kg high explosive warhead, fly at 15 meters above sea level at the speed of mach 2.5. it's the worst nightmare for U.S navy. there was only one picture of this missile taken during the SSN accident in 1999(i don't remember the year), the rusky comrades has done a good job keeping it secret.
there were alos rumors that the russian will be deploying a dealier missile before 2010(a stealthy supersonic missile), but i don't know if it's true or not.

A

Aussie Digger

I think the USN would have a very healthy respect for any anti-ship weapon. There is nothing like complacency to upset your day. Yes technically a silkworm missile (for example) might not present a great threat to a Carrier, but it would be the height of foolishness not to take such a weapon into account...

srirangan

Banned Member
Only the IN has inducted this missile, it seems to be too expensive for the Russians to induct. Nor is there a need to induct it right away. Aa far as the USN is concerned, the IN is a partner and not a foe, so although they might respect the Brahmos, they don't need to worry about it.