Pakistan to test new missile - Shaheen II

The Watcher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We are talking about missile tech not nuclear technology that pakistan can sell to other countries. Some countries will carry on with their IFs and BUTs but its pakistan's security thats on stake and it needs to reply back appropriately.

wheather arrow really stops an enemy missile is yet to be seen, again trial tests of this nature are always stage managed much like US AMD tests...

Ninja

Dear Watcher control your emotions you are saying that Missile tech can be exported. If thats the case then Americans and British will not be enjoying their time at Hawaii beaches. First thing if such blatant proliferation occurs all the nuclear assets of Pakistan and all missile tech will defenitely be under the control of Americans, Remember Pak can do this kind of absurd and ridiculous blackmailing only in south asia, out of south asia the "ISRAEL" factor plays a major role in American/British Foreign policy. So Pak can't just say that it haa the liberty to sell missile tech to any country.

The kind of support which Pakistan got from America and its closest "ally" china during Kargil War. [ Americans sensed even the slightest movement of missiles using their electronic gadgets, so it is unlikely that u can sell weopons tech as you wish]

During 1971 Indo-Pak war the american and Chinese support!!!!!!!
No country will come [middle east countries in your case] to rescue a third country

Stop giving such bizzare comments: if pakistan security is at stakes it should strengthen not by selling Missiles but by improving its defence.

Roger Smith

The Watcher said:
Then Israel shouldn't have any problem Pakistan selling advanced missile tech and other weapons to middle eastern states. If need be and in very rare and extreme situation pak could use saudis as a launching site. and these "trials" that you mention are stage managed, they are arranged in such way that there are 99% chances of missile hitting the target... launch the missile from certain location, place the arrow missile battery at a certain location.... with pakistans mobile launchers God knows where the missile will be launched and where it will hit.
I do not think Pakistan could or be able to sell advanced missile technology to any Middle Eastern countries or to any other country after the nuclear proliferation espisode with N. Korea, Libya and Iran and as recent with Nigeria. Secondly no country will take the risk of annoying the USA by obtaining Pakistan's missile technology.

The USA are keeping a good check on Pakistan's nuclear deterrence and missiles technology and once Osama bin Laden and Mullah Omar aspect is over, the American will demand Pakistan to curtail further test and roll back on this aspect instead invest to infrastructure of its economy and country.

The aforementioned are my views.

The Watcher

well ninja why are you bringing in 3 different topics in one?

pakistan will sell missile tech to ME countries, why does that bother you? if russia and india can "cooperate" on missiles like brahmos, US and UK can cooperate on missiles like trident, why not pakistan and middle eastern countries? why does that give you an itch? whether middle eastern countries give importance to india vs pakistan issue or not that isn't the point the point is what can pakistan do to create problems for israel as israel is creating problems for pakistan by giving india(pakistans enemy) advanced radars in order to undermine pakistani security. pakistan has to do what it needs to and what it should - i'm sure israelis will reconsider their alliance with india that if pakistan can sell missiles it can certainly sell nukes again, maybe not today or tomorrow but day after? :D

Oh really roger? how do you say, US is keeping good check on Paks nukes? did you see it happening? this check was always there but never enforced and US has its hands full already, it does not want to put checks on pakistan and have it undermine war on terror and eventually taking away muslim support. pakistan is an important country and front line state in war against terror, anything goes. :D

This recent visit to KSA by musharaff and gang, what do you think that was about? :lol To eat dates and drink camel milk? Yeah right!

The Watcher

News about the recent visit:

PAKISTAN, SAUDIS FOCUS ON DEFENSE COOPERATION

ABU DHABI [MENL] -- Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have launched an effort to complete a defense cooperation agreement that would pave the way for weapons sales by Islamabad to Riyad.

The effort took place over the weekend during a visit by Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf to Saudi Arabia. Officials said Musharraf's meetings with Saudi officials focused on defense and security cooperation as well as prospective weapons sales.

Musharraf, who ended his visit on late Sunday, was accompanied by four ministers including Minister of State for Defense Production Habibullah Warraich. The Pakistani delegation met Crown Prince Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz, Defense Minister Prince Sultan Bin Abdul Aziz and Saudi intelligence chief Prince Abdul Aziz Bin Bandar, and a Saudi statement said the meetings were meant to bolster bilateral relations.

Western diplomatic sources said that over the last year Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have been discussing cooperation in counterinsurgency, missiles, nuclear weapons and military aircraft. They said Pakistan has sought to win Saudi approval for the signing of contracts in some of these fields.

Source

And ME countries and their government won't be the same in say about 10-20 years?

Roger Smith

The Watcher said:
well ninja why are you bringing in 3 different topics in one?

pakistan will sell missile tech to ME countries, why does that bother you? if russia and india can "cooperate" on missiles like brahmos, US and UK can cooperate on missiles like trident, why not pakistan and middle eastern countries? why does that give you an itch? whether middle eastern countries give importance to india vs pakistan issue or not that isn't the point the point is what can pakistan do to create problems for israel as israel is creating problems for pakistan by giving india(pakistans enemy) advanced radars in order to undermine pakistani security. pakistan has to do what it needs to and what it should - i'm sure israelis will reconsider their alliance with india that if pakistan can sell missiles it can certainly sell nukes again, maybe not today or tomorrow but day after? :D

Oh really roger? how do you say, US is keeping good check on Paks nukes? did you see it happening? this check was always there but never enforced and US has its hands full already, it does not want to put checks on pakistan and have it undermine war on terror and eventually taking away muslim support. pakistan is an important country and front line state in war against terror, anything goes. :D

This recent visit to KSA by musharaff and gang, what do you think that was about? :lol To eat dates and drink camel milk? Yeah right!

Just name me a candidate country in ME, who will or RWA (ready willing able)to buy Pakistan missile technology :? It is not icecream, which could be available at 7/11 outlets and is a WMD.

The USA, EU and rest of the world are monitoring Pakistan nuclear device, let us not kid on this aspect.

Do you think Musharraf & Gang are in KSA selling missile technology and implicate himself? You are joking......... :D

The Watcher

well i posted news link about increasing defence cooperation... it doesn't have to be today or tomorrow as i said. the the thought is there. you don't want to accept it because it puts india's future supplier of weapons under check or maybe it may not sell such important stuff if pakistan even says, that if israel does not stop mingling in our neighborhood we may also have to do the same in israels neighborhood. ;) the implications of that will be great and israel understands. it doesnt want 6 neighbors being armed to teeth ready to take it down.

again dont misunderstand me when i say this... its not happening nor did anyone say that but idea is there who has seen tomorrow? :D

i think u can get over the idea of pakistan selling its missile tech to other countries for the sake of making some money and putting its enemies in check. :lolol

Roger Smith

Let us face it, you or myself can not stop any country for buying or selling WMD., we are just having a discussion. :lolol

Few countries like USA, Russia, China, France, Israel have the credibility of selling arms (combat ships, planes etc) and for a newcomer it is not easy to join the club. Pakistan is currently exporting mainly ammo worth $100 million a year according to records. :smokingc:

The Watcher

Yeah. Thats why pakistan is a new comer. As new stuff like tanks, subs, JF-17 and APCs enter service (some of this we'll see in the up coming IDEAS 04) the exports will certainly grow. ME happens to be the market where these are and will be marketted. :smokingc:

Roger Smith

The Watcher said:
Yeah. Thats why pakistan is a new comer. As new stuff like tanks, subs, JF-17 and APCs enter service (some of this we'll see in the up coming IDEAS 04) the exports will certainly grow. ME happens to be the market where these are and will be marketted. :smokingc:
I can see future possibility for Pakistan exporting MBT, APC and small arms ammo. Even MBT Al-Khalid the engine are imported from Ukraine and that can be a snag.

In regard to Agosto submarine and JF-17, Pakistan has a very long path to cover or achieve prior reaching its goal.

Faisal_Masud

Shaheen Missile:
Maximum Range (with warhead)=2,500 KM
'' '' (without warhead)=3,000 KM
Payload=1,000 Kg
Tested for 19,00 Km
Told by Dr. Samar Mubarik Mund talking in a TV program on the day of testing.