PAF undertakes aerial relief operation

aaaditya

what is tha fuel that these helicopters use?
iam sure they need special fuel for operations in cold weather.can anyone provide the specifications?(is it avgas or atf).:confused:

Shaheen

GENEVA: Scarcity of funds hurdle helicopter relief flights in Pakistan’s quake-ravaged areas, United Nations here said.

The UN Food & Agriculture Organization (FAO) had appealed for deployment of 40 helicopters in quake affected areas, which required $ 100 million funding but only 14 percent of the required funds was received till now, an official of the FAO said in Geneva. Presently only 17 helicopters were engaged in relief operations due to shortage of funds.

The United Nations officials have expressed optimism over relief efforts for the first time since the October 8 earthquake saying that timely relief could avoid the disaster.

ajaybhutani

Shaheen said:
I Read IN newspaper today that TWO americans "black Hawk"Chopper accidentally landed in Indian Controlled KAshmir,there the crew was questioned and warned not to cross LOc other wise they will be shot.
Link please( as i know u dont have one)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Unacceptable Posts

The following is an example of what is unacceptable posting behaviour. Comments like this need to be validated -
READ THE FORUM RULES

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/rules.php

or you will lose your posts!

Shaheen said:
I Read IN newspaper today that TWO americans "black Hawk"Chopper accidentally landed in Indian Controlled KAshmir,there the crew was questioned and warned not to cross LOc other wise they will be shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Re: Unacceptable Posts

pshamim said:
Do not condemn the guy. A section of the press did report this story. Please see the link below.

http://www.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-16/0511092398142754.htm
It's got nothing to do with condemning him. It's the perenial issue that some people are not providing sources to back up statements and claims.

If thats not done, then they open themselves up to criticism. It's been happening far too often recently and the Mod Team and Webs get a little irritated by it as it means that we spend time nursemaiding rather than just reviewing.

A number of posts have been closed this week due to breaches - if people kept to the rules, then we wouldn't even be going through this.

ajaybhutani

Re: Unacceptable Posts

gf0012-aust said:
It's got nothing to do with condemning him. It's the perenial issue that some people are not providing sources to back up statements and claims.

If thats not done, then they open themselves up to criticism. It's been happening far too often recently and the Mod Team and Webs get a little irritated by it as it means that we spend time nursemaiding rather than just reviewing.

A number of posts have been closed this week due to breaches - if people kept to the rules, then we wouldn't even be going through this.
i read same news in TOI in india ..and frankly the whole difference is the fact that in even this report and ones i got theres no mention of the americans being told not to do it again or

""they will be shot...""
if IA had any plans to shoot them they will do it. they wont give warnings..

Elite-Pilot

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope wins the day with $5.9bn pledges

President Musharraf unveils rebuilding plan at donors conference; lauds world’s generosity

By Mariana Baabar

ISLAMABAD: Humanity won the day at the International Donors Conference when the total aid and pledges surged to $5.9 billion, much above Pakistan’s target of $5.2 billion at the Convention Centre here on Saturday.

President Pervez Musharraf put the onus on Pakistanis to come up with at least $1 billion more to match the spirit of foreign donors.

Not only the Pakistani leadership but also the whole nation was moved at being recognised admirably by the comity of nations.

Musharraf spoke for all of them when he said, "Your support clearly indicates that the world community is with us. Your understanding at this hour of need will never be forgotten.

"My deepest appreciation and gratitude for world community for helping Pakistan in this hour of need and participation of donors from around the world shows that this world is a global village and this joint heritage of mankind takes countries forward. Pakistan does realize that we need to be an important member of the comity of nations to have a position of respect in the world".

Both President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz led from the front by being present the whole time at the daylong conference in what was towards the end an exhausting exercise. But the message that went forth was that the government was serious and determined in the reconstruction and rehabilitation of October 8 earthquake survivors.

(note:this is only half of the full article)

READ IT HERE

I believe that now, Pakistan will be looking to go for the F-16's earlier. From December 2006 the deal would probably be in negotiation again in about July 2006. 700 million to the U.S. every year until 2009 doesnt sound all that big, but to a country devestated with a disaster,it can go well above 1 billion. The PAF can't do anything right now but wait. This year has been tough for the armed force of Pakistan, because they have promised us plenty of things...all to defend us Pakistani's!!

Pakistan is doing so much at one time,something we refer to as "multi-tasking". But to the Pakistani Armed forces its much more than that. the defence aquisting of Pakistan may also start from small things such as second hand engines for F-16's and more of Army and Navy equipment.What do ya think?:confused:

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
Elite-Pilot said:
.I believe that now, Pakistan will be looking to go for the F-16's earlier. From December 2006 the deal would probably be in negotiation again in about July 2006. 700 million to the U.S. every year until 2009 doesnt sound all that big, but to a country devestated with a disaster,it can go well above 1 billion. The PAF can't do anything right now but wait. This year has been tough for the armed force of Pakistan, because they have promised us plenty of things...all to defend us Pakistani's!!

Pakistan is doing so much at one time,something we refer to as "multi-tasking". But to the Pakistani Armed forces its much more than that. the defence aquisting of Pakistan may also start from small things such as second hand engines for F-16's and more of Army and Navy equipment.What do ya think?:confused:
Musharaf delayed the deal untill International Doners Conference was conducted & required amount is promissed & recieved. The F-16 deal will remain delayed till the promissed amount is recieved. Now since Pakistan has been promissed more than required money, the deal might get underway early next year.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Elite-Pilot said:
I believe that now, Pakistan will be looking to go for the F-16's earlier. From December 2006 the deal would probably be in negotiation again in about July 2006. 700 million to the U.S. every year until 2009 doesnt sound all that big, but to a country devestated with a disaster,it can go well above 1 billion. The PAF can't do anything right now but wait. This year has been tough for the armed force of Pakistan, because they have promised us plenty of things...all to defend us Pakistani's!!

Pakistan is doing so much at one time,something we refer to as "multi-tasking". But to the Pakistani Armed forces its much more than that. the defence aquisting of Pakistan may also start from small things such as second hand engines for F-16's and more of Army and Navy equipment.What do ya think?
Nope i disagree with you the first thing is to give firstly relief and then rehebilitate affected people if Pakistan go for defence purchases what will he world think about Pakistan and what will be the impression of Pakistan that Pakistan firstly took billion of $$ and then Pakistan is on its defence please forget the defence for some months.There would be international monitering of the funds which will be given to Pakistan so Pakistan must take steps carefully.

Elite-Pilot

Banned Member
Nope i disagree with you the first thing is to give firstly relief and then rehebilitate affected people if Pakistan go for defence purchases what will he world think about Pakistan and what will be the impression of Pakistan that Pakistan firstly took billion of $$ and then Pakistan is on its defence please forget the defence for some months.There would be international monitering of the funds which will be given to Pakistan so Pakistan must take steps carefully.
Kashif, you didnt understand me quite right. I can see new F-16's coming in late July. You mentioned "billions", I dont think that Pakistan would purchase more than 11 of these F-16's in the first batch.

45 million is the cost of one F-16
11 of these air craft from the U.S.

45x11=495 Pakistan can afford 495 million, for the fisrt 11 F-16 batch.

now do you agree? Pakistan is not gonna get all the F-16's in the first batch so they dont have to pay billions, but millions. Now you might say that even millions are too much for Pakistan, that is not true as our Defence budget can handle this. Understand?;)

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Elite-Pilot said:
Kashif, you didnt understand me quite right. I can see new F-16's coming in late July. You mentioned "billions", I dont think that Pakistan would purchase more than 11 of these F-16's in the first batch.

45 million is the cost of one F-16
11 of these air craft from the U.S.

45x11=495 Pakistan can afford 495 million, for the fisrt 11 F-16 batch.

now do you agree? Pakistan is not gonna get all the F-16's in the first batch so they dont have to pay billions, but millions. Now you might say that even millions are too much for Pakistan, that is not true as our Defence budget can handle this. Understand?;)
Oke if this is the case then its allright but if it happens in the July in the centre on the year then it would be better

Elite-Pilot

Banned Member
Pakistan should hit F-16s deal now: PAF Chief

DUBAI: Pakistan Air Force Air Chief Martial Kalim Saadat has said Pakistan should purchase F-16s plane now otherwise it would get ten years late.

Talking to Geo TV Correspondent Fawad Khurshid here at Dubai Air Show on Sunday, he said it is considered Pakistan would have to pay $6.5 billion next day of finalization of the F-16s deal and the deal is not hit, the same amount would be available for quake relief.

Kalim Saadat said it had taken ten to twelve years to bring F-16s deal at the present situation and if the whole process was canceled, Pakistan would have to start afresh in future.

Pakistan is to decide whether to hit the deal for purchasing F-16s or not, he said and adding that if F-16s have to be purchased in future, then current situation is the best time for it.

http://www.geo.tv/main_files/pakistan.aspx?id=95113

Is this right for a quake hit country???,i mean he is willing to take his chances REALLY soon.

kashifshahzad

Banned Member
Elite-Pilot said:
Pakistan should hit F-16s deal now: PAF Chief

DUBAI: Pakistan Air Force Air Chief Martial Kalim Saadat has said Pakistan should purchase F-16s plane now otherwise it would get ten years late.

Talking to Geo TV Correspondent Fawad Khurshid here at Dubai Air Show on Sunday, he said it is considered Pakistan would have to pay $6.5 billion next day of finalization of the F-16s deal and the deal is not hit, the same amount would be available for quake relief.

Kalim Saadat said it had taken ten to twelve years to bring F-16s deal at the present situation and if the whole process was canceled, Pakistan would have to start afresh in future.

Pakistan is to decide whether to hit the deal for purchasing F-16s or not, he said and adding that if F-16s have to be purchased in future, then current situation is the best time for it.

http://www.geo.tv/main_files/pakistan.aspx?id=95113

Is this right for a quake hit country???,i mean he is willing to take his chances REALLY soon.
Pakistan would pay whole amout on the next day :( its really awfull but i thought that every country pays for the batches but the deal is finilized after the negociations.Suppose a country pays whole amout, the whole amout is not utilized at a time because there is a limit for the production of ACs.In this way a company can double the amount by investing it into some other business.And how can he say that Pakistan would have to start the negociations from the begining and it will take a decade i dont think this is gonna happen and there is also a chance that Lockheed Martin stop's manufacturing the F-16s:(

BilalK

I think you mis-understood what the ACM was trying to say.

People think Pakistan will pay 6.5bn USD the next day, just like that, but that is not true. Pakistan does not have the ability to spend that much, so fast, if it did, then it would have gotten Mirage 2000-5s long ago. Pakistan didn't get the Mirage 2000-5s because the costs were just too much in the long-term, and the capabilities the Mirage offered were just too less to spend so much.

Over time, attitudes and strategies change. For all we know, in a couple years Lockheed may completely shut down its F-16 facillities (unlikely, production for Poland, Greece, Israel, UAE still continuing), you know what it would take to bring them back into production? Maybe the U.S will find Pakistan less useful in a couple years, and will be stiffer when Pakistan comes back requesting to buy F-16s. So this is a very critical time, you either ink the deal today, or forget it, and move on to a different fighter.