New major military powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

swerve

Super Moderator
...if i am not mistaken ausrtralia will be gettinga the f-22 from us ...
From you? I thought you were Malaysian? How long has Malaysia been selling the F-22? :D Or is "us" meant to be "the US"? Come on, at least try to use capital letters when appropriate. We do have a rule about it y'know - rule 18 IIRC. And as you've just demonstrated, the rule has a purpose.

F-15 Eagle

if i am not mistaken ausrtralia will be gettinga the f-22 from us
Uh you mean the F-35? The U.S. wont sell the F-22 to anyone even though the RAAF would love to have the F-22. I think they should have a force of 100 F-35's, 40 F-22's, and 20 FB-22's. That will be a powerful force.

indian bull

Banned Member
Presently no way japan or aus can be put ahead of india millitarily. With its bullishly growing economy and missile and naval power and its known capabilities in the area of icbms and its growing space technology, information tech, sattelite tech in no way australia is near to india, ofcourse japan is advanced in certian areas technologically but in quantity it goes down. Try to know how bullish are indian(2nd fast growing) and chinese(ist fast growing)economies presently and u will find the answer.

indian bull

Banned Member
Well its all based on the size of the military, how well trained the troops are and how advainsed to equipment is. Here is my opinion on the top 5 military powers:

1. U.S.A.
2. Russia
3. China
4. India
5. U.K.
also u must count economic status,technological advancements, also nuclear weapons status and delivery systems

ainanup23

Presently no way japan or aus can be put ahead of india millitarily. With its bullishly growing economy and missile and naval power and its known capabilities in the area of icbms and its growing space technology, information tech, sattelite tech in no way australia is near to india, ofcourse japan is advanced in certian areas technologically but in quantity it goes down. Try to know how bullish are indian(2nd fast growing) and chinese(ist fast growing)economies presently and u will find the answer.
Well it`s not just technology, military strength also lies in preparedness both politically and mentally. In India Unlike in Australia and Japan , citizen support will never be divided in the situation of a conflict whereas the same cannot be said about Japan or Australia.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Can you at last make an attempt to read the previous responses before making an assumption about comparing countries military power?

And no offence, but the JMSDF are more than capable of cleaning up either India or China at a maritime level - and at the technology capability level. At an ewarfare level Japan walks all over China and Japan. Japan in real terms would probably have the second most capable Navy on the planet.

why in Hades name you'd compare Australia to India (when Mumbai alone has a bigger population) is beyond me.

Can we also get beyond this infantile notion that nukes and numbers define military power. and for goodness sake, the issue of economics is tied to sustainability. Chinas current age and gender make up is an issue in its own right. Do the forward estimates.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Well it`s not just technology, military strength also lies in preparedness both politically and mentally. In India Unlike in Australia and Japan , citizen support will never be divided in the situation of a conflict whereas the same cannot be said about Japan or Australia.

Rubbish. You already have problems with the Marxist party compromising some of the technology deals that India is after.

Don't generalise about things that are already self evident and have trnaspired.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Before we get any more patriotic nonsense about "my country is bigger and better than yours", please read the Forum Rules.

As moderators we have limited patience for pecker competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.