New FX-05 Mexican rifle gone public

Centauro

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is a modified version of the G36 licensed by HK. Everything else were just rumors.

inetsonar

It is a combination of the FN SCAR (Upper reciever) and the G36 (Lower Reciever) ~ though I would assume its internal workings are more 36 less SCAR.

If you are farmiliar with the SCAR you know that the bolt can be operated from either side - in this case the bolt handle is being used on the other side and we cannot see it in the pictures.

All and All I am impressed, but judging from the pictures in the news lately the Mexican Army is still not using it in "combat" just parades.

(and yes, I did make an account just to say this ... I am that bored here at work)

indiana46767

It is a combination of the FN SCAR (Upper reciever) and the G36 (Lower Reciever) ~ though I would assume its internal workings are more 36 less SCAR.

If you are farmiliar with the SCAR you know that the bolt can be operated from either side - in this case the bolt handle is being used on the other side and we cannot see it in the pictures.

All and All I am impressed, but judging from the pictures in the news lately the Mexican Army is still not using it in "combat" just parades.

(and yes, I did make an account just to say this ... I am that bored here at work)

Very similar to the G36, although H&K threatened Mexico with a lawsuit because it looked so similar. They came to mexico to look at the internal components and compared to their H&K and later dropped the lawsuit.
The FX-05 project is rumored to still be up and going, but the SEDENA has not made more than 10,000 rifles due to "testing" on them.

Here's more pics from another thread already active.

http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8626