New Dutch Helicoptor Carrier?

DJ Vileroy

Only five Karel Doorman remain in active service at this moment, but three of them will be decommissioned and delivered to foreign Navies in the next few years.

The frigate Hr. Ms. Karel Doorman (F827) was decommissioned and stripped of some systems, now remains awaiting to be transfered to the Belgian Navy. Another M-Class frigate the Hr. Ms. Willem Van Der Zaan (F829) was decommissioned in August 2006 and will be handed to Belgium in 2008.

The frigate Hr. Ms. Tjerk Hiddes (F 830) was decommisioned last year and will be transfered to Chile during this year.

The frigates Hr. Ms. Van Nes (F 833) and Hr. Ms. Van Galen (F 834) were sold to Portugal and will be decommissioned soon.

On near future only two M-Class (Karel Doorman) will remain in service with the RNLN, the Hr. Ms. Van Speijk (F 828) and Hr. Ms. Van Amstel (F 831).

i would like to add that its Hr. Ms. Van Amstel (F 831) was sold to portugal it replaced Hr. Ms. Willem van der Zaan (F 829) because Hr. Ms. Willem van der Zaan (F 829)was sailing around the the Med when the sale to portugal was agree and was unavalible.
the Doorman's are heavily tasked the dutch should have more ships

I agree this info is correct, but if you look on the pages of damen and westerschelde ship building you will see that there are built a lot more ships the latest ship is an LPD for the dutch navvy, called johan de witt it was ready in the end of 2006
Again damen and westerschelde are building vessels in rapid mode togther with STORK and Dupont so check this info please before you say that iam stoned or something........
There are some other projects going on right now, or do you really think that cutting medical and university bugets that it is for roads and houses? and new stoplights?
See please go to google and search for naval shipyards there are at least 20 in the netherlands and they al are fully active and building warships for everyone how like to have them and right now the are building dutch naval vessels you can see in on the pages.........jeeee

But one thing you al are right the ships are comming in parts and the will be put together here at damen or westerschelde because the few shipyard that are building own ships are closed but now we buy the parts instead of creating them by our selfs.

Please check it oke?
And let me know.

Greetz nico

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
Please check it oke?
And let me know.

Greetz nico
Zeg Nico, wordt het niet eens tijd die horse shit van je elders te gaan verkopen? Wij houden hier niet zo van dit soort flauwekul. Eerste en tevens laatste vriendelijke verzoek.

:cool:

Tasman

Ship Watcher
Verified Defense Pro
Zeg Nico, wordt het niet eens tijd die horse shit van je elders te gaan verkopen? Wij houden hier niet zo van dit soort flauwekul. Eerste en tevens laatste vriendelijke verzoek.

:cool:
Excellent advice tatra!

Cheers

contedicavour

Ahem.

Mod?

BS alarm!!!!
I can't believe the guy is persevering. The links themselves do not provide the tiniest confirmation of his speculations.
If at least he concentrated on those programmes that really do exist such as the 4 corvettes or the planned LPH...
Besides, one thing is saying that Dutch technology is well present in neighboring countries' navies (which is true), but it is entirely another thing to claim that there are Dutch ships everywhere ;)

cheers

Eggy

haha thanks for the laugh Vileroy but sadly the only new ships that will be build are the 4 Oceangoing Patrol Vessels and a Joint Support Ship (will be the biggest ship in the fleet) that will replace one of the AORs (Hr. Ms. Zuiderkruis). The JSS will have room for up to four Chinooks or 6 NH-90s or similar medium sized helicopters but it is not a helicopter carrier or LHD at all.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
I can't believe the guy is persevering. The links themselves do not provide the tiniest confirmation of his speculations.
If at least he concentrated on those programmes that really do exist such as the 4 corvettes or the planned LPH...
Besides, one thing is saying that Dutch technology is well present in neighboring countries' navies (which is true), but it is entirely another thing to claim that there are Dutch ships everywhere ;)

cheers
But there are ... only mainly under water and very very old :eek:nfloorl:

Also, there 's a lot of dutch stuff on ships of foreign navies (Thales/Signaal radar and C3I gear) and there's plenty of systems advice.

contedicavour

haha thanks for the laugh Vileroy but sadly the only new ships that will be build are the 4 Oceangoing Patrol Vessels and a Joint Support Ship (will be the biggest ship in the fleet) that will replace one of the AORs (Hr. Ms. Zuiderkruis). The JSS will have room for up to four Chinooks or 6 NH-90s or similar medium sized helicopters but it is not a helicopter carrier or LHD at all.
I've looked around for drawings or mockups of the OPVs and JSS but I haven't found any. I'd expect the OPV to be enlarged Sigma corvettes ? Do you have any links or pictures ?
Thanks

cheers

Eggy

There have been multiple concepts of the OPV but the Navy would like to have it's own design build but we'll see how things will go (see attachments for Navy design). Now I've heard different stories about the loadout ranging from pimped sigma corvettes to fishing boats. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if The JSS (or JLOS in Dutch) was along the lines of the Enforcer series in design. But I haven't seen any concepts of it yet.

submerged

there's an outdated article that contains some pictures in the dutch magazine 'marineblad':

http://www.kvmo.nl/pdf/marineblad_jun06_volledig.pdf

(another AI can be found in "Leidraad Maritiem Optreden" issued by the RNLN but i'm not able to find this one yet in digital format)

note that nothing about the design has been decided yet so it could vary widely from the one showed, just like the OPV design

PS:
to DJ Vileroy: go harrass yourself somewhere else please, you're just making a fool outta yourself here by stating all these unfunded "facts".. new submarines.. :eek:nfloorl: :eek:nfloorl:

contedicavour

Thanks to both of you for the corvette and JSS/JLOS pictures. The JLOS really looks like an enlarged Rotterdam LPD with a much bigger flight deck. The corvette has adequate space for NH90 and serious artillery though I can't see whether there are VLS for ESSM for instance. Especially if the corvettes are supposed to patrol around Aruba with a hostile well equipped regime just south...

cheers

Subs in ASW role

Although I agree to much of the above, I disagree with the statement that the best unit against a submarine is another submarine. Especially when the other sub is a D/E or modern Nuc. Footprint of a sub against another is just to small and its operational speed to slow. Better to use low frequency active sonars on helicopters and frigates in a multi static concept (as the dutch are also developping). Beside that we need to increase no acoustic detection capabilities.
There are a lot of very important things for submarines to do (losing them as a capability is the last thing I want), but ASW is, to my opinion, not one of them.

submerged

the LFAS concept has allready been tested several times in RNLN training excercises and worked like a charm from what i heard, detection ranges where greatly enhanced over normal active transmissions, alltho in some cases u don't want active transmissions and give away your location and in those cases the passive sonar suite of a sub outperforms that of a surface vessel with ease. The enhancement of non-accoustic sensors like IR and EM sensors would be a wise idea but even better would be some dedicated ASW capability instead of the current situation, they should've never sold our P3C's..