MBT for defensive role in urban area.

driftder

kashifshahzad said:
I think this MBT culture must be abolished in this modren era MBT's can hardly move from one place to another there must be some kind of thing which can move quickly must not have that much weight.I think troops having latest latest guns night vision high calorie capsules this thing can work.There must be AC's or choppers which should eliminate major ground targets
Lots of studies and research done on a replacement for MBTs. Depends on who's doing the report, it can be skewed to favor the author's POV. As a eg, look at the Light Tank programme for the US Army and the result - Stryker. Speaking for our side, we tend to be infantry-centric then MBT. Tanks to us are for support most of the time except when a armoured fist is needed. But then our policy is rapid deployment and flexibility to adapt. So our stuff and people must be able to go out on C130s. That's why we still hold on to our light armour - upgraded it in fact.

Personally I don't think there should be any fixations on any component or rather best whatever. It really depends on what the situation calls for.