LCA VS J-10 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indus

Re: LCA VS J-10

From what I have read, and looking at the design, J-10 is basically a lengthened version of the Israeli Lavi. They look almost identical.

adsH

Indus said:
From what I have read, and looking at the design, J-10 is basically a lengthened version of the Israeli Lavi. They look almost identical.
Even the chinese agree to that assertion put forward from the US, so who are we to doubt that, but this would mean, trouble for the F-16, its a competitor since this is based on Lavi which was almost the same thing as the F-16 A which was and still is the best dog fighter so any close dog fights would be deadly, it's a pilots AC. the fact that its light and agile and very fast about Mach 2.0 i would say its main strategy would be to close the Gap betwen its oponent as fast as possible. i doubt it can stand in EW and BVR conflict against an SU 30MKI.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro

adsH said:
Indus said:
Even the chinese agree to that assertion put forward from the US, so who are we to doubt that, but this would mean, trouble for the F-16, its a competitor since this is based on Lavi which was almost the same thing as the F-16 A which was and still is the best dog fighter so any close dog fights would be deadly, it's a pilots AC. the fact that its light and agile and very fast about Mach 2.0 i would say its main strategy would be to close the Gap betwen its oponent as fast as possible. i doubt it can stand in EW and BVR conflict against an SU 30MKI.
i don't think any fighter in south asia can take on the SU-30MKI, BVR or dog fight. at this point J-10 is no match for SU-30MKI, but after upgrades, TVC, new avionics, plus the SD-10 missile, etc.....it'll be a lethal punch. wif some luck, the improved J-10 should be able to show itself this year.

adsH

i don't think any fighter in south asia can take on the SU-30MKI, BVR or dog fight. at this point J-10 is no match for SU-30MKI, but after upgrades, TVC, new avionics, plus the SD-10 missile, etc.....it'll be a lethal punch. wif some luck, the improved J-10 should be able to show itself this year.
Curious what upgrades are we talking about!! Avionics for where french Avionics !!

dabrownguy

All right i'm back.
This is what i think starting with missiles. Both jets hold the same number of air to air weapons and I have no doubts about this because 4 hardpoints on the J-10 are not for missiles or guided bombs. Both jets combat ability is still unkown but it seems when it comes to missiles LCA has the advantage or should I say India. You see, India has a better variety of missiles avaiblable for its deadly arsenal. For example; IAF has R-77RVV-AE [AA-12 ADDER] the PLAAF has the norm R-77. IAF has a slight advantage is weapons and as far as i'm converned, the missiles do the talking. :smokingc:
Radar
I heard this nonesense that Russia offered J-10 program the Su-27 radar. As far as I know the Su-27 nose his huge and thus the radar is powerfull. But WTF? how can a huge ass radar like the flankers fit on a J-10? My guess is that it is a smaller less capable radar if there is such a thing. Then there you have the Chinese propaganda spewing out crap about a radar for J-10 that can track 20 and target 6-8! This is bs! First of all China hardly gets forign help to make such advanced stuff and secondly, the nose is the size of a Mirage! How is it better than it if even on par? No offence but the radar propaganda pisses me off!

dabrownguy

Ight the LCA radar
This is what i'm expecting. 10 years ago India new jack sh1te about anything and know it makes weapons that could make western countries jaw drop. But its not like India did this on its own. Foreign countries are to be thanked. Because of out side influence and hand holding India was able to make gaint leeps in technology while PRChina was jacking documents and recieved little help for even the huskies. What do I expect for the LCA radar? I expect Isreal and France to hold hands with India to make it! The nose is small but still very capable. I expect it to have a search range about a 100 km. It should atleast be able to engage 4 targets considering its completley new with foriegn help.

Final conculsion!
ok dokie you ready to critize my judgement? expecially gf. ;)
logicaly LCA even looks better than J-10 on paper so why won't it perform better? I know that J-10 will carry pods while LCA's needs are built into it which might take hits on the fuel compacity. As far as technology...LCA wins. With western products that not only save money but perform better than indegnous products LCA has another advantage. J-10 is stocked up with Chinese products even if they don't perform well because China does not have that large arm like India. I expect the J-10 to perform better on ground targets but air to air combat will most defiently go to LCA. Oh and those people who say LCA can't be upgraded. Why not? The falcon was cramped to the max with tech and they still found more room with addons. Its possible for the lca to have the same upgrades.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro

J-10's radar is still a mystery at this point, but it is capable of installing the russian Zhuk-10PD radar and the israel's EL/M-2035 radar as well. the engine is most likely AL-31F, later versions might the equip wif WS-10A wif TVC.
about avionics upgrade, the israelis n russians both got more advanced phased-array radars, chinese might try to negotiate for the possible purchase of these. china is also developing JL-10A itself, which they claim will have better performance than the russian Zhuk-10PD(which i doubt it).

Bilal_Khan

How Can you people compare the J-10 and LCA, they're from two totally different leagues!.

The J-10 is in the Class of the Mirage 2000-5Mk2, F-16C/D Block-50/52+, and other similar systems. The LCA is in 75%-85% as good as these fighters, like JF-17.

adsH

Bilal_Khan said:
How Can you people compare the J-10 and LCA, they're from two totally different leagues!.

The J-10 is in the Class of the Mirage 2000-5Mk2, F-16C/D Block-50/52+, and other similar systems. The LCA is in 75%-85% as good as these fighters, like JF-17.
Look Bilal if the indians believe that the LCA can take onn a J-10 then who are we to argue if they want to pit LCA against J-10 in a conflict then no one can tell them not to its there AC if they are that confident then the next time we will have this conversation it would not be fictitious theory slapping session but rather Facts and figure based analysis of real conflicts.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
i dunno y would the indians love to compare their LCA wif chinese J-10 so much :?:

J-10: proven itself in over 5 years of test
LCA: sucessfully ran a few tests
J-10: already been introduced in limited number in chinese airforce
J-10: upgrade program is already underway

plz ppl, stop compare something still undergoing test wif a test-proven fighter.

A

Aussie Digger

I for one would be very impressed if China or Pakistan can manufacture anything even close to the F-16 Block 52 fighter. This aircraft has been the most successful combat jet of all time, in both combat and in terms of sales to foreign military forces. I'm not gonna say J-10 or LCA won't be capable aircraft, but they would have to be very good indeed to match the latest F-16 variants. I find it unlikely they will exceed the F-16's combat capability. Remember this aircraft has 30 years of development put into it since it entered service...

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro

Aussie Digger said:
I for one would be very impressed if China or Pakistan can manufacture anything even close to the F-16 Block 52 fighter. This aircraft has been the most successful combat jet of all time, in both combat and in terms of sales to foreign military forces. I'm not gonna say J-10 or LCA won't be capable aircraft, but they would have to be very good indeed to match the latest F-16 variants. I find it unlikely they will exceed the F-16's combat capability. Remember this aircraft has 30 years of development put into it since it entered service...
i agree wif u, i don't think J-10 can exceed the lastest F-16 in performance. J-10 is test proven while the F-16 is combat proven. the J-10 capability is near F-16C/D at best. later upgrades for J-10 might give it the performance near the F-16I, but that remains to be seen.
as for LCA, i believe it would be a good fighter once it comes into service. small, fairly advanced, and most of all quite cheap. good for replacing all those Mig-21 in service wif IAF. but the small body gravely limits its room for upgrades therefore i won't be suprised that even after upgrade it'll only have minor improvment over the original ones.

A

Aussie Digger

I don't understand this modern facination with manufacturing such small fighters. It limits your fuel (ie: range and supersonic dash capability) and ordance load, it limits the size your radar can be (and hence performance of said radar) and your aircraft is still just as vulnerable to air to air and surface to air threats as any other fighter... Granted a small fighter allows you to build a cheap fighter, but it only does this by constraining the capability you can get out of the aircraft. I personally would rather have smaller numbers of much more capable aircraft than large numbers of less capable aircraft. The LCA for example because of it's size only has 7 hardpoints. It's very small airframe size means it will only be able to carry a small fuel load. Range is more important than ever these days. If several of these hardpoints are used for external drop tanks, then the warload an LCA can carry will be very small indeed.

mysterious

I believe Aussie that most of us around here have been trying to tell our Indian friends the same thing since this thread began (you correctly point out a lot of good facts). Given your post and other arguements against comparing LCA with J-10, I find it quite amusing, entertaining rather, that still some people wont accept the reality and keep on arguing that LCA is equally good or much better than the J-10! Please, gimme a break!! :smokingc:

ipfreak

Aussie Digger said:
I don't understand this modern facination with manufacturing such small fighters. It limits your fuel (ie: range and supersonic dash capability) and ordance load, it limits the size your radar can be (and hence performance of said radar) and your aircraft is still just as vulnerable to air to air and surface to air threats as any other fighter... Granted a small fighter allows you to build a cheap fighter, but it only does this by constraining the capability you can get out of the aircraft. I personally would rather have smaller numbers of much more capable aircraft than large numbers of less capable aircraft. The LCA for example because of it's size only has 7 hardpoints. It's very small airframe size means it will only be able to carry a small fuel load. Range is more important than ever these days. If several of these hardpoints are used for external drop tanks, then the warload an LCA can carry will be very small indeed.
i don't see the point here. LCA is still in testing pgase, J-10 (limited #) has been in service for a couple of years (like JH-7). if my understanding of chinese news is correct, j-10A has finished its prototype testings and entered service in limited number. J-10A uses own WS-10 engine (is it copy of AL-31?). also JH-7A also entered service. i don't see how LCA could compare with J-10 or J-10A. most of "facts or parameters of LCA are still on paper ..

but i am kinda confused about the role of J-10(A) in PLAAF. plaaf has j-6, j-7**, j-8**, su-27(j-11) and su-30, now fc-1 and j-10(A). assume fc-1 replaces j-6 and j-7 fleet, then what hack for j-10? replaces j-8**?

Soldier

Aussie Digger said:
Aussie Digger. All what you said is pretty much understandable. As for range which is too important these days, Indian Airforce has Tankers. I hope I am not wrong.

ipfreak

Aussie Digger said:
slow down.. :) pal. i didn't see any news that china would build j-10(A) together with pakistan. plus j-10, as my understanding, uses quite a bit composite material. fc-1 doesn't use any composite materials; one of reasons is that fc-1 must be able to be built in pakistand besides the factor of cost... there is no way right now that pakistand is able to build j-10 in pakistand. maybe in the future ... time will tell ...

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro

J-10 won't be available for pakistan anytime in the future. why? would china sell its most elite fighter to a nation dat might give out the data to U.S? of coz the answer is no. besides i doubt pakistan has the ability to produce an aircraft lk J-10 at this point. FC-1 would be a good choice for pakistan, cheap, easy to build, low mainaince requirement, fair capability.
J-10A will come into service sometime in next two years according to Janes Defence Weekly(they claim to have source inside CAC). upgrades will include WS-10A engine wif TVC, and new phased-array radar under chinese development(one article mentions the requirement for the radar is at least 160km range and "track 8 hit 4") and a new HMS.
LCA has not finish testing so it's hard to predict how advanced it'll be. who knows, might even be better than J-10. but at this point there is no evidence to suggest dat.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

J-10A will come into service sometime in next two years according to Janes Defence Weekly(they claim to have source inside CAC).
No offense to JDW, but if thats the case then they just signed the death warrant for their leaker by stating this in the open.

It's the dumbest thing to do and say if even partially true.

Chinese intel would be going through CAC with a fire hose...

adsH

gf0012 said:
J-10A will come into service sometime in next two years according to Janes Defence Weekly(they claim to have source inside CAC).
No offense to JDW, but if thats the case then they just signed the death warrant for their leaker by stating this in the open.

It's the dumbest thing to do and say if even partially true.

Chinese intel would be going through CAC with a fire hose...
:flame :nutkick :argue :grab

Status
Not open for further replies.