intergration of F35B on US CVN's

harryriedl

Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Surge can include Marine Aviation. I'll be interested to see what the 'typical' deployment of a CVF looks like. I don't expect to see more than 24 F-35s on a standard deployment.

5 is what they hope to carry in the future with the E-2D, I'll wait and see it before I believe it. Same with EA-18G, the Navy is looking for 5 per CAW.
the 42 F35B was from http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/cvf/ which is one of the more reliable sources

quoted from the passage: 'The carrier will support 42 Joint Combat Aircraft carrying out up to 420 sorties over five days and be able to conduct day and night time operations. The maximum sortie rate is 110 Joint Combat Aircraft sorties per 24-hour period.'

also so at present its 4 E2 carried.

and lastly since marines are keen to have an independent air arm do they have any interests in organic AEW

harryriedl

Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Quick question guys, does anyone know what the two seat variants of the F35 will be called. Traditionally every even letter, i.e. B,D,F, was used but B (as you all know) indicates the STOVL version. So whats the plan?
as far as i know no two seat version is funded

for those who say SH are have better range than a F35B a SH without tanker support range 390NM an F35B unrefuled range is 400NM thats 10 NM further and its got the advantage of internal stores and STOVL