Indian Military Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

RajKhalsa

Re: IA Pictures

CALCUTTA, INDIA: An Indian soldier stands next to a police fence set up in front of the State Secretariat building outside which the Indian national flag was raised by the chief minister of the state of West Bengal, Buddhadev Bhattacharya

RajKhalsa

KHREW, INDIA: Indian army soldiers undergo instruction from a training officer (L) at an army camp at Khrew on the outskirts of Srinagar

RajKhalsa

KHREW, INDIA: Indian army soldiers demonstrate the art of stripping and reassembling of automatic weapons while blindfolded at an army camp at Khrew on the outskirts of Srinagar

RajKhalsa

Here are some more pics of the Indo-US exercises at the Counter Insurcency and Jungle Warfare School in Mizoram:

Indian army officer Col. P.S. Sanwal (R) talks with US army commander in training David Alan Wisecarver during an Indo-US army exercise in the Indian state of Mizoram,06 April 2004. Some 100 US army infantry soldiers and 120 Indian troops took part in training of unconventional battle tactics during the exercise organised by the Indian army's Counter Insurgency Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS).

Indian army soldiers patrol in the jungle during a Indo-US army exercise in the Indian state of Mizoram,06 April 2004. Some 100 US army infantry soldiers and 120 Indian troops took part in training of unconventional battle tactics during the exercise organised by the Indian army's Counter Insurgency Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS).

In this picture taken 06 April 2004, A US infantry soldier (C) gives a traditional Indian 'Nameste' greeting to Indian soldiers during a Indo-US army exercise at the Indian army's Counter Insurgency Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS), at Vairengete, in the north-eastern Indian state of Mizoram. Indian military officials announced 21 August 2004, that some eleven countries including France, Uzbekistan and Italy, are seeking permission to have soldiers trained in combatting low-intensity guerilla warfare at the school.

US army infantry soldier Elton Williams (C) hugs Indian soldier Sivaram (L) after they took part in firing practice during an Indo-US army exercise in the Indian state of Mizoram,06 April 2004. Some 100 US army infantry soldiers and 120 Indian troops took part in training of unconventional battle tactics during the exercise organised by the Indian army's Counter Insurgency Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS).

dabrownguy

Any one know the vest they're wearing? Metal plated or kevlar?
Any ways isn't the IA looking into buying new helmets?

mysterious

Even if they aren't, I'd suggest they do cuz 'bandanas' aren't much of a protection you see. ;) And can someone please tell me why these same pics are being posted on DT again and again? I've already noticed three people post the same pics over and over again. :roll

RajKhalsa

None of the pics were repeated in this thread, nor any relevant threads I have seen

The bandanas aren't used in combat situations.

A

Aussie Digger

Perhaps the troops wearing the Bandana's are playing the "enemy" force? Helmets aren't always the best option though. It is very difficult to break up the outline of a ballistic helmet and even the best helmet in the world won't help you if you get shot directly in the head... It is for these reasons and the weight factor that very few SF operators wear ballistic helmets in combat or training scenario's.

You do see them occasionally wearing softer "skater" typer helmets during rapelling exercises (like the Delta Operators in real life and the ones in the movie "Blackhawk Down") normal soldiers are normally ordered to wear them and therefore don't have much choice, personally, I hated the damn things...

neel24neo

Perhaps the troops wearing the Bandana's are playing the "enemy" force? Helmets aren't always the best option though. It is very difficult to break up the outline of a ballistic helmet and even the best helmet in the world won't help you if you get shot directly in the head... It is for these reasons and the weight factor that very few SF operators wear ballistic helmets in combat or training scenario's.
it is common practice in IA to wear a bandana(i forgot its real name)during training and in COIN operations(rashtriya rifles usually sport these).american army soldiers are sometimes shown sporting bush hats-bush hats for americans,bandana for indians.coming to special forces,they wear anything,suiting the occassion and not nescessarily wear helmets all the time(thats true to both paracommandos and also the MARCOS-marine commandos).normal infantry in war has no choice-they will wear helmets.... as pointed out by you the weight factor is a prime consideration,i guess.

ajay_ijn

Some more pics form the Indian Army.

Pinaka MBRL indegeniously developed also used Kargil war.

Bhim is a 155mm Self Propelled artillery version of Arjun Tank.

Indian army aquried some Tunguska Mobile SAM systems which has pair of 30mm cannon and SA-19 grison SAM launcher.

Army paratrooper in with national tri-color

ajay_ijn

Well Bhim self propelled Artillery is having an range of 53km :eek :eek

Some pics of Bofors 155mm Artillery.

Excellent picture of a Bofor Firing.

For me this pic is the Symbol of Kargil War.

BM-21 MBRL firing.

Some pics of Arjun MBT

[/quote]

adsH

arjun looks like a metal fortress of some Roman army, (thats a complement comming from me)
BUt its operational use would be limited(pity) i personally can't tell the differnce looking at any of the T-80+ family they all are the same, the T-90 looks like the T-80u even the T-99 and the MBT-2000 is similar. but they do look like impressive tanks, my personal favorite amongst these pics is the self propelled Artillery, it must be an awesome site to see one of these in action (i'm sure i'd go deaf after ive seen that)

RajKhalsa

The impressive Republic Day Parade is held every year on 26 Jan, the anniversary of the formation of the Indian Republic.

To mark the importance of this occasion, every year a grand parade is held in the capital, from the Raisena Hill near the Rashtrapati Bhavan (President's Palace), along the Rajpath, past India Gate and on to the historic Red Fort. The different regiments of the Army, the Navy and the Air force march past in all their finery and official decorations. The President of India who is the Commander in Chief of Armed Forces, takes salute of the contingents of Armed Forces. The parade also includes vibrant displays, floats and folk dances from India's many peoples, and traditionally ends with a fly past by Indian Airforce jets.

^ Indian President Dr. Manmohan Singh, Bhutan's King Jigme Singye Wangchuck, Guest of Honour at this year's parade, and Indian President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam reciving the salute from the many marching contingents

^ Military marching band

^ Various Regiments

Status
Not open for further replies.